My Custom Wolf Predator Bio Sculpt

Fayne

Scroll down for the better / current pics
25zny43.jpg

Wolf after some shaping.
PB250003 (2).JPG

PB250002 (2).JPG

Wolf sculpt next to a wolf pepakura build @ about 80% full size.

PB250001 (2).JPG

PB250013.JPG

PB250010.JPG

Pepakura build dry brushed in the only paint I had for practice. (black gloss and gray auto primer.

PB250009.JPG

PB230025.JPG

Sculpt on armature pre dome rebuild and enlarging flares.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem Usurper,

The post is more just to get opinions on the direction. I've started a 2nd one I care less about
for experimenting and have so far moved the cheekbones back and given them a better angle.
More pics will come eventually. I really love the Wolf look but wanted a slightly bigger dome
and flares but not as much as the P1. This guy is huge and will fit over a mask.
The practice one I've started is smaller and scaled more to a human face but with the back of
the dome still really high. I also plan on eventually making some slightly simplified vacuform
bios to use as armatures for future sculpts. Maybe with less cheekbone and bigger eye sockets
to allow for more clay and more workability in those areas.

Update.

The 1st pic is my previously shown sculpt (on the left) showing how it looks today after some major changes
to the brows mothguard and cheeks. The one on the right is for testing ideas.
28spkjb.jpg

Same one from previous post.
2qn71oh.jpg

35bukix.jpg

This was made a few days ago to test possible changes to the 1st sculpt before "commiting" to them.
I added clay to widen the mothguard and pinched up the ends to cut them square but really liked the "bat" look it gained.
2b15jr.jpg

This last one is to show how the sculpt started and how far it has come.
rvahds.jpg

At this point I need to (at least) work the eyes, slightly fix / check symmetry and give it a pitted texture.
The question here is whether to only do the aforementioned, or to widen the flares and keep working toward a wolf predator look. (maybe with horns)
Some opinions would be awesome.

I decided to go with the bigger flares making it about 20' long X 14" wide.
The top left 3 are how it looked 2 days ago and the 4th is how it looked when I started.
The bottom 4 are how it looks as of Dec 05-2011.
I like how much meaner it looks now form the profiles Now to decide on eyes, redo some symmetry work and a lot of fine detail, then texture.
Opinions are still totally welcome.
25zny43.jpg

This was intended to be basically used as a 3d sketchpad to test out some of my ideas for the bigger one. I was reworking the mouthguard and really like the look of the pinched clay I was about to cut smooth. I kept it and went for a "batty" look then reworked the cheeks, browes and eye sockets a bit. The top left 3 and bottom left 2 pics show it 2 days ago. The big one and top one next to it show it as of last night. I think these things mite subconsciously be a bit punisher inspired as I look at them.
20ppog9.jpg

Nice sculpting so far...clay work is always fun to watch ;)
hey Jason, was just thinking of picking up this unfinished project along with the non wolf direction it went. wondering how you get such flawless inorganic lines. I can do organic and flow but man your hard edges look amazing. is it a hard clay, technique or both

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back