My collection showoff--Updated September 2013

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With the North Texas prop party behind me, I can take a breath and show everyone my new collection! I took a couple days off last week to finish up everything I had started recently (because that is what we all do, right? How many projects have you started and not finished :lol)

Here is what I did in 48 hours:
- Finished my IM lid (electronics and magnets, touch up paint) - build thread here
- Finished my Mjolnir custom handle/repainted head and began the display base - build thread here
- Finished my GK - didn't even have time to make a thread! :lol
- Finished my E11 - build thread here
- Finished my Cap shield (start to finish in 2 days!) - really didn't have time to make a thread! :lol
- Finished the display stand for my OWK saber - build thread here

It was a whirlwind couple of days!

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01438.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

2012-02-17004149.jpg

2012-02-16221409.jpg

Still need to finish shaping the "rock" display and paint it up, and then figure out how I'm going to display everything here at home!

Last edited:
Re: My (meager) collection showoff

Every collection starts off somewhere. I started with 1 Subaru Transformer and now have over 600 in a room. I swear they breed.

I saw all this stuff in person and it's all VERY impressive. I really liked the Iron Man helmet and Cap's shield. And the Obi saber, very nice.

Thank you James! It was great meeting you, and seeing your collection as well... I'm going to check into that wire trick you mentioned to me tomorrow

A quick update...

Finished off the Cap shield yesterday. Restripped the back of rust spots from the prop party rain, then clearcoated it. Finished up the metal and leather work for the arm straps, and attached them!

2012-03-08135935.jpg

2012-03-08135947.jpg

2012-02-16221409.jpg

Also decided to try out another Mjolnir handle, closer to screen accurate:

2012-03-09132415.jpg

AND! I received my raw cast of a TFA helmet today from roblenzz:

2012-03-09125202.jpg

Can't wait to get started on that one!

Finally got my little corner of the office together to display these guys!

IMG_20120325_164426.jpg

IMG_20120325_164435.jpg

IMG_20120325_164555.jpg

IMG_20120325_164454.jpg

Still need to make some sort of stand for the blasters.

And still a work-in-progress...

IMG_20120325_164710.jpg

Can finally call this one done!

IMG_20120924_220516.jpg

Finally got around to cleaning up and painting my resin adamata scope. Mounted it and did some light weathering to match the rest of the blaster

IMG_20120924_220524.jpg

IMG_20120924_220541.jpg

Thanks Brad! The funny thing is I sold the shield and am working on a new spun aluminum one, I sold the IM helmet and upgraded to one of Finhead's (along with some other pieces... thread to come soon :love), I sold the arc reactor and replaced it with one of ThrowingChicken's updated arcs... The Star Wars stuff are the only things I haven't really touched :lol

Awesome setup. Better than how I have mine arranged for sure. You should be very proud of a small, but worthwhile and meaningful collection.

Hell, even I don't have a GK blaster. One of those Star Wars props that always has eluded me.

You should, Michael! I just used a cheap plastic airsoft for the base. One day I'll replace it with a Denix or something similar. Almost seems a shame to have that real flash hider on a plastic gun :lol

KG , I envy you, love the collection and especially that I ron man helmet, hoping one day to get one myself ,but this all metal arc reactor has broke me ....lol...curious ,where did you get that helmet, love the setup ,on how you did that with the light up eyes and stand....love the star wars blaster too.....wow.....

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :thumbsup

The Iron Man helmet pictured above was a Gemini Khan/Pannaus Props cast I cleaned up and painted. The eyes were LED strips wired and "boxed" (you can see what I mean in the thread I linked in the OP). I sold the helmet a few months ago and got a Finhead cast, which I'm currently working on. Waiting on paint to get here to finish it :love

The stand pictured above for the helmet is just a simple wood candle holder I got at Wal-Mart, flipped upside down and screwed a wooden dowel to the center

So a year later, and another NTX prop party approaching (tomorrow!) I scrambled again to get everything finished up... Here are a couple quick update shots to show where my collection stands now :)

The Avengers:

IMG_20130215_113548_zpsce336dee.jpg

IMG_20130215_113556_zps7e2aed2a.jpg

IMG_20130215_113606_zps7279b3e8.jpg

IMG_20120808_010938.jpg

IMG_20130215_113636_zpsd59c2c82.jpg

New from last year:
- "upgraded" my Iron Man helmet to a Finhead bust (for now... still a possibility of going the full 1:1 statue route!)
- Cap shield and helmet: spun aluminum 26" disc with 9.5" center, painted with Duplicolor Anodized paints and satin clear coat, bracket and leather work done by myself; helmet is from roblenzz, painted and leather work done myself, mounted on a S.H.I.E.L.D. crest plaque by hdtheater
- Thor helmet and Mjolnir: my Disguise Mjolnir repainted and weathered, mounted on a Mjolnir capstone base (again by hdtheater--thanks Eric!) with an ebay helmet my wife got me for Christmas, repainted by me
- "Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart": arc reactor kit by ThrowingChicken, display stand and glass by Luke0312

I've also updated my Star Wars collection:

IMG_20130123_143736.jpg

Added a Vader ESB and a Luke ROTJ hero in addition to my Obi AFBB

Also, just finished this last week:

IMG_20130207_232240_zpsfcbbde5c.jpg

IMG_20130207_232419_zpsb34ff591.jpg

Spat Spulse rifle with Matsuo grenade launcher and scratch built barrel and vent assembly

There are a lot more smaller pieces I still need to photograph, including a LOTR Sting and Magnoli Middle Earth map, as well as some more Avengers/Marvel items (Coulson trading cards, challenge coins)

I'll get some proper "studio" pics of each piece soon!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back