My Classic Berserker Predator bio+head

Bakurenoh

I made a thread a while ago with my first attempt of buying a raw cast of the bio and completing it.

belzsgb2kkgrhgohcgejlll.jpg.png

Which i made into this

photo0024e.jpg.png

but i wasnt happy with the paint id gave it i decided just to make a more classic look and ended up turning it back to all silver and giving it a reflective visor

spa3277.jpg

However when i had finished this i kind of hit a slump I couldnt think of anything else to do. This was my first and only "prop making" (dont know if id call it that. thats how new i am to it). And one day i came across the HCG P1 bio/bust display and i thought it would be wicked to have one of thoes on my wall. However they are way too expensive for me so i knew i could kill two birds with one stone by under going a new project of making a display piece myself.

Much like with the bio cast i bought i decided to start from nearly scratch. I bought a latex mask

spa3299.jpg

(I will skip alot of progress pictures which i have but are not needed)

After i trimmed the excess latex I filled the mask with foam filler to keep the shape. Painted the skin and neck piece. I rushed it i only used spray paints because very little skin is going to be visable. I got a heap of dreads of a guy id previously dealt with in the past. I was originally going to make an order from a UK guy on here but i couldnt turn down my friends offer. Painted the dreads and stuck them into the head.

spa3392.jpg

The picture doesnt represent all of the dreads just its the best picture i could find to represent the stage i was at.

The next stage i did was cut up some copper and gold piping i had laying around the garage. Its my cheap alternative to "beads" because ive been making everything on a budget. I also replaced the reflective eyes in favor of black see through plastic. Reason being i have hollowed out most of the foam now so there is just a basic shape keeping the mask in place. But if i so wished i could make the head wearable.

spa3416.jpg

And onto my near final stage.

Very simple. I got some high res pics of the berserker bio from sideshow got the best shot of it from the side then printed out that + inverted (other side) of it and a picture of the jaw from the front. I cut them out and stuck the central piece in the middle of the 2 jaw pieces. I then added a line of 5 thinly cut pieces of cardboard and glued that to back of the paper allowing me to be able to shape the jaw by folding it so it would hold. Then i simply added a couple of dots of glue to hold the jaw bone in place.

spa3469.jpg

spa3466.jpg

And there he is! I know if looks cheap, the mask is a bit rough the beads are cheap and the jaw is made of paper. But ive given it a go! I've already got in mind where id like to go next but im a bit reluctant as i think my creation would lose its individuality if i did what was in my mind. Ive been tempted to paint the mask all black as well as add a dark dark red visor. But i fear id betray the mask so much to where its just going to be a shameless ripoff of Mr. Black. The jaw bone is already kind of enough i think.

I like it. It actualy reminds me of what Im wanting to do and have 2 seperate jaw pieces on either side of my bio. Now if only I would start work on the pepakura bio.

Thats cool, it looks great!! Yes, i think the jaw bone is enough, youve done fine with just that, and if you feel that it would ruin the mask by painting it further, then, yes, leave it there! Its all up to you. I think its perfect! ^^

Thanks for the comments!
Nice work and cool idea to put the jawbone on like that.

What type of Bio is beside it? Looks like the SS Scar from AVP?
It is a Scar helmet but it isn't Sideshow. I got it off ebay some time ago its an awesome unofficial Bio.

Thats cool, it looks great!! Yes, i think the jaw bone is enough, youve done fine with just that, and if you feel that it would ruin the mask by painting it further, then, yes, leave it there! :D Its all up to you. I think its perfect! ^^
Guess that answers that!

The Jawbone looks great from certain angles but it suffers from being obviously paper :-/ I. hoping at some point people reproduce the Jawbones because id snatch one up and put it on the mask i have. But i cannot find anything else to use until then :-/

And i may aswell post a nice picture while im at it

spa3473.jpg

A wee bit of Gort!... Guardian! Whichever...

I couldn't resist...

spa3497.jpg

spa3500.jpg.png

spa3504.jpg

... but i am at the stage where i like to experiment rather than leave well enough alone :D

The eyes are quite hard to make out as they are sunken into the head as opposed to Mr Blacks "eyes". But for the sake of making them visable i might try and fashion some sort of light up eye kind of thing.

spa3506.jpg

Hopefully my cheap (didnt-cost-a-penny) to make double plasma casters im making to display with him will make him look cooler -_-. I will have one either side like Wolf. But the caster design is just generic thrown together style.
Plastic pipe, paper, cardboard and various little bits of crap from my dads tool box stuck on.. so they might look like crap when im done :p

Very risky repainting like that.

But i suppose you have to risk to find out eh?

And i've just found out you've done a great job.

Well done.

Bit of a update. Ive added some silver to his dreads and give him 2 plasma casters. The casters are nearly done. Ive kind of put them aside for now because you cant really see the bits i need to finish from the angle its displayed on my wall. When i get bored ill finish them off. Not bad for 2 bits of pipe, paper, cardboard and a base i made from wood. Cost 0p to make.

spa3586.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back