My Chopper Predator Wip New Pics Added!

NightmarePredator

Ok If you want my real situation you can just read my profile. But i do have a dream and it is to make a predator suit with my brother(hes maken his own) and head off to the San Diego Comic Con with the predator convention clan, that'd be awsome i already know a couple personally that've been there.

Im Nightmare Pred and this is my suit and its build. sry i dont have very many progression pics, mostly completed ones. I dont have much money or resources, with that said...LET US BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, the Med pack,
All i used was some foam core, high density styrafoam, foamies, blickrylic paint spounges and hot glue.

Secondly i made the chopper predator bio,
I bought the resin cast off of ebay and then went from there drilling out the visor area and smoothing out the edges.

this is how it was when it showed up at my door.
chopper_with_flat_black_under_coat.jpg

Then i started drilling painting trying out different thing and started thinking up of a general color.
I'd like to give a big thanks to HDOGG for supporting me and backing me up :)
I'm not gonna say your real name just in case you dont want me to

Here are some general pics of the helmet in progress. first i used a type of automotive primer grey as a primer two even coats, then the main flat black over it and did about 4 even coats for that charcoal look. MMMMMMMMMM Nice and black like it just came out of a house fire.
automotive_primer1.jpg

i did the primer first before the flat black

automotive_primer_2.jpg

start_detail_silver.jpg

Started adding the metallic silver to bio after flat black.
start_detail.jpg

completed_finished_chopper_bio_with_visor.jpg

Now here are some finished shots of the helmet paint job once again thanks hdogg and my dad for the tip. The visor that was put in was made from a toys plastic clear cover, and overspray of black silver and grey. This really made it look movie quality and like a real serious replica like you would buy online.
chopper_bio2.jpg

finished_left_side.jpg

ONLY setback was however cool it was i couldnt see well enough to where i trusted myself to walk through a convention so i had to change it :eek:hmy: :( but instead i found some plastic that is used for motorcycle helmets but was not bought at a bike shop but was in a raw sheet and i had to cut a rectangle and use a heat gun to carefully bend it into place. Thank you Mr. ganchou Bowsher high. This looks just as cool if not better cause u cant see in but i can see out PERFECTLY. :)
finished_right_side.jpg

hot_glue_holding_visor.jpg

Hot glue was used to seal in place.

but it had to be changed :mad:

visor being glued in
chopper_predator_bio.jpg

NOW THE FINISHED CHOPPER BIO
point_of_contact_between_blade_and_holder.jpg

Note: lasers will be added just not now. when i can get some money.

Next the choppers signature arm blades made from foamboard bondo spraypaint coat hanger wire and high density styrofoam. Thank you Ms. Wilkins and Mr. ganchou and HDOGG for his support and patience :) .

first foam board models
unpainted_blade.jpg

chopper_armblade_finished_without_gauntlet.jpg

paint job plus bondo.
0603111214.jpg

0601111505.jpg

Arm blades with gauntlets and wrist blades^

Test run for armblades and bio/armblades

test_run.jpg

med_pack.jpg

P.S. i do not like the panthers, this is my brothers room,i like the buccaneers, and also i kno this is a shot where the blades are not complete and the visor is still silver.

Med pack

I have only one shot of this and i includes my home made plasma caster and arm. Enjoy:)

chopper_predator_bio.jpg

Thats all for now :( i hope you enjoyed my progress so far. its my first suit and thread.

Any and all kinds of constructive criticism is greatly appreciated in order for me to learn things new and improve my skill, Thanks

More pics and updates will be added but theres no honest date right now. Now im working on armour.
i hav a few helmet updates wit lasers painted until i can get some real ones in there
chopper_bio_not_started_yet.jpg

finished_laser_paint.jpg

I FINALLY GOT SOME NEW PICS OF MY PRED HEAD AND PAINTED GAUNTS ETC.

heres my foam head not latexed yet and with about 25percent dreads on.
finished_bio_laserpaint.jpg

019.JPG

022.JPG

024.JPG

023.JPG

My painted gauntlets, still gotta shade but overall theyre done.
025.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

updated medpack-FORGET THE OLD ONE, IT LOOKED GHETTO AND NOT MOVIE QUALITY, AND NO REAL FEATURES.
This new one is made from the same stuff, i just completely ripped off all the old stuff and added what was appropriate.
012.JPG

004.JPG

Now some other pics my finished bio(added more silver) and arm blades.
006.JPG

017.JPG

AVP(HEAVY) Plasma caster finished
DSC00068.JPG

011.JPG

015.JPG
Dont mind her thts just my friend tht jumped on the table just as i snapped the pic:) hah i love her;)
013.JPG

014.JPG

Thanks alot this is Luke Signing off :cool:
PLZ COMMENT GIV ME YOUR OPINION

Last edited by a moderator:
For a 16 yr. old I wont cut you some slack at your age and this is what your creating already. Magnificent!!! Some serious skills you got there you got my respect, your natural see what you can do 3-5 years from now. Congratulations bud. Post some pics when you get to comicon.

Most impressive. Especially the paint job on the bio. If you can do this kind of work now that you are 16, imagine what you will do when you will be 26+. It's not a matter of age, only skills and experience. Kudos, my friend.

For a 16 yr. old I wont cut you some slack at your age and this is what your creating already. Magnificent!!! Some serious skills you got there you got my respect, your natural see what you can do 3-5 years from now. Congratulations bud. Post some pics when you get to comicon.

Thanks Sorrow that means alot to me,
when i was little i had no games so i just drew alot got my imagination and creativity going and when i got the chance i decided to go above and beyond and make a predator
Thx,Luke

hey bud welcome to the clan , good to have another young guy around, makes it less imposing now!

suits looking boss :D cant wait to see your finished piece...

Thanks beast, preciate it hopefully ill go to a convention with some other preds from this forum and really be part of the clan.
Do you have a suit?
yeah man, i know what you mean, i cant wait to go to a con in full gear either :D
and as far as a suit... kinda, sorta, not really hahaha... i did, but now im building a new one as my senior project this year sooooo... im gettin there
anyways, im lovin your build so far chopper pred is the stuff!!!

Excellent work -

for age 16 thats awesome - and even if you had more years under your belt - its still a great job. I remember how limited I was in budget when I was young and making stuff.

I hope you tackle a predsuit project with some skin detail to go with your great gear there.

Thats a really respectable body of work.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your labor and assembled completion

Cathat

Excellent work -

for age 16 thats awesome - and even if you had more years under your belt - its still a great job. I remember how limited I was in budget when I was young and making stuff.

I hope you tackle a predsuit project with some skin detail to go with your great gear there.

Thats a really respectable body of work.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your labor and assembled completion

Cathat

Yea budget is a hard competitor but im willing to work hard to overcome it, im hopping to make it look good enough to walk with the clan in a convention with bovine hdogg and elderpred and not have it look like its from goodwill. thanks for the encoruragement

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back