My Chest Armor Sculpt .WIP

YautjaSlayer

Ok so in case you haven looked I have started on my suit and have gotten the dreads done, and now I am working on the chest armor. I am using sulpher-free oil based clay. this is one of my first sculpts and needs lots of work. but it will get better soon. Yes I know sculpting everything will take a while but I think it will look better over all if it do most of it this way.

So what exactly should i use as a mold release? or does this need one? Dont worry I dont plan to do it till my sculpting is done and this has a long way to go.

ChestArmor001.jpg

UPDATE!!!! FINISHED SCULPT DETAIL
ChestArmor2001.jpg

my sketch for what it is ment to look like:

costumeskeches009.jpg

Tell Me What You Think!

YautjaSlayer

ChestArmor001.jpg

ChestArmor2001.jpg

costumeskeches009.jpg

A lesson learned. You might want to mold as you go. Ask Mannowar what happens when you put something aside to mold later...... Heat rises, and you get a pool of clay. (Sorry Scott I know it wasn't quite that bad) - but still.

Mold 'em if you got 'em

release agent???? we don' need no stinkin' release agent.

But seriously. Vaseline helps around your seam clay if you have it. Other than that, just a good coat of crystal clear acrylic spray.

E-O

well if this does work I plan to first do a few coats of latex the add a layer of latex caulk and incert upholstery foam into the center and then add more latex caulk and then coat the back in liquid latex and who knows what. does this sound like it will work?

YautjaSlayer

you'll have to do all that before it dries otherwise i would guess the latex will de-laminate from previous layers

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back