My Cheaply Made Costume

yodasmeagol

Hey guys.

So, I'm just a 20 year old guy going to college who likes to do crazy stuff in his free time. I decided to make a Predator costume. Like everything else I make creatively, I had to take on the challenge of making everything from scratch for as cheaply as possible. This is what I came up with. I know it's not the best, but it sure was fun to make and it is cool to show my friends and family.

shoot1.jpg.png

The total budget for this was about $200 or so, but the cost of the materials I actually used was more like $150.

shoot2.jpg.png

Yeah, I decided to just use some cream makeup on my body for the skin. My body was in decent shape at the beginning of this, but this costume gave me motivation to diet and exercise a little bit to get looking really lean and mean.

shoot3.jpg.png

Basically, the whole thing is a bunch of liquid latex, spray paint, cardboard, hot glue, velcro, clay, plaster strips, and random pieces.

shoot4.jpg.png

The plasma cannon is probably my favorite part detail-wise.

cannona.jpg.png

Probably the best part about it is I was able to make a lot of "functional" pieces for the equipment. The left wrist gauntlet opens up to the bomb controls, but also has a light on the top. The wrist blades pop out with the push of a button. The bio-helmet (I may have to get a picture with it) has a red LED in the laser sights. And the plasma cannon rotates, which is definitely a great one to have. Even the spear telescopes out and the smart disc slides open. Lots of fun making all of that work.

I have a video on YouTube showing how I made the mask and bio-helmet. I will probably upload more videos explaining how I made the other parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EQRgJex_u8

Hope you guys like it. Awesome place you've got here.

shoot1.jpg.png

shoot2.jpg.png

shoot3.jpg.png

shoot4.jpg.png

cannona.jpg.png

Ha another hunter on the prowl :D
Great result considering what you had to work with.
Just a idea, your armour could do with a bit of dulling down/weathering, looks quite shiny.
Unless of course that was the look you are going for.
Your not the first or last pred to go without a skin suit, you seem to have pulled it off fine.
Well done :rolleyes:

Looks good :D for $200 thats awesome, I've probably spent twice that much so far and don't really have anything to show for it
Great job on the body paint too

You did a excellent job on your plasma cannon, and you really did pull threw! Keep up the great work and keep going with what you got, cause it will just keep
getting better and better, and your already starting off strong! :p

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back