My Celtic Predator Wip: Pic Heavy (Updated Post #100)

James,
Great work sir. I work with foamies myself, the strength, and light weight are amazing. I have also done a Dark Knight, and Comedian costume with it. If you want to protect the paint you can clear coat it with Dupli-color. Also, if you want a working countdown system see Ei'luj, Julie makes great stuff. Again, damn good work. ;)

I will have to contact her and check on that thanks for the heads up. I may look at the Dupli-Color as well

I dub you Foamie Master! I love these types of builds. That is uber impressive. Once painted you would never guess that was foam armor. Awesome work!

Cheers!

I dub you Foamie Master! I love these types of builds. That is uber impressive. Once painted you would never guess that was foam armor. Awesome work!

Cheers!

Thanks Bovine13, I gotta admit you were my inspiration on this, I seen your suits you done I was convinced that I had to do my own. Now you see what I have done and am still doing, its a lot more fun than I thought it ever would be and very challenging at the same time. I love the process and the end results.

Thanks for the dubbing!

-James

man that is incredible work with foamies and paint. Although it would have been cool to have not painted it and be Celtic and the Technicolor Armor Suit :)

Okay so last night I was talking with Aaron1126 and telling him idea for the predator feet. I purchased these a while back once I started.

Monster Feet
208335224.jpg

So What I did was try the method of altering them like I have seen several Lair Members have with their shoes, name comes to mind is Vinmanmac, he used spray foam from Home Depot and then carved them into feet. The monster feet themselves are great but I thought they were entirely too skinny. So Sprayed them with the foam and tried to carve them to make them thicker.

Much to my dismay, it didn't work out so well, there were soooo many bubbles inside that carving became a nightmare. I removed as much foam as I could and was getting very upset as I thought wow. What a waste of time and money, the feet looked a mess. Well after pondering and telling Aaron what had happened. I decided well I have some latex lets apply some and see what happens.

The results after applying latex were simply amazing. the latex ended up smoothing out all the imperfections left by the foam and gave the feet a bumpy look that I always wanted on them and it thickened or widen the feet like I had originally planned. I will post some before and after pics tonight when I get home. ones my cell don't do it justice.'

But at least you get a sneak peak.

I will upload better pics.

-James

IMG00179_20110511_1614.jpg

IMG00180_20110511_1919.jpg

IMG00181_20110511_2225.jpg

I also purchased these hands and going to modify these to be predator hands. granted it has longer nails but that could be interesting touch to it all as well.

Monster Hands
208335220.jpg

not a bad price for $29

-James

I really like the paint job on the armor. After you sprayed it with Toxic Death Spray and then the Hammered Metal, it completely looks like metal, with no indication that there was ever any foam underneath. The pitting effect really looks good with this method.

Best of luck with the rest of this build. I hope everything works out well and that you'll be ready in time for your convention. Oh, and make sure you're using a respirator when you work with Toxic Death Spray -- er, Plasti-Dip.

I really like the paint job on the armor. After you sprayed it with Toxic Death Spray and then the Hammered Metal, it completely looks like metal, with no indication that there was ever any foam underneath. The pitting effect really looks good with this method.

Best of luck with the rest of this build. I hope everything works out well and that you'll be ready in time for your convention. Oh, and make sure you're using a respirator when you work with Toxic Death Spray -- er, Plasti-Dip.

Thanks Todd, I sure do even in the garage with everything opened up, safety is a must. I am very pleased with the way it turned out, and thanks again on the tips :) Once I get them in I will post those results as well. I'm excited to see just how fast they will go (inside secret between Todd & I)

-James

Absolutely, if this stuff turns out to be what I think it is, then we have a hit. The price isn't too bad, and the sheets are huge 72"x 48".

egad James! Awesome work. I was just looking around at your other posts because you commented on my teeth (well not mine in my head :) ). You do amazing work! I can't wait to start working on armor. I will definitely look to this post for guidance. thanks for all the pics.

egad James! Awesome work. I was just looking around at your other posts because you commented on my teeth (well not mine in my head :) ). You do amazing work! I can't wait to start working on armor. I will definitely look to this post for guidance. thanks for all the pics.

No problem von, I just figured I might as well post my results on here and let others be inspired as much as I was. I jsut hope it helps others see you can make an incredible suit on a very limited budget with a some time on your hands.

haha I am waiting to see Jame's feet and how they turn out before I start mine. I really need to get started on my damn mask lol. The feet look good so far. I remember the first pic I was like what does he plan on doing with that lol looking good so far now though.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back