My Celtic Paint Up

A Hunters Moon

I threatened to complicate this paint job really fast. I started off wanting dozens of silver and grey textures but that wasn't working out too well for me. When I finally gave in and realized that this was a very straight forward paint up I started making the progress I'd hoped too. I'm very happy with the finished paint. Hope you like it as well.

myceltic1.jpg

As I started to highlight different details with silver and copper I realized it made the bio sort of uneven. So I added copper to the tri-laser and tubing section.

myceltic3.jpg

myceltic2.jpg

Here you can see where a much brighter silver was used to highlight some of the bio's detailing.

myceltic4.jpg

Here's a shot with minimal lighting. It show's some of the shading and color better. I'll be finishing the bio off with some tri-lasers in the next week or so.

amazing how a paint job can sometimes look so much cooler if you don't over think it. like you said, you kept it basic and everything fell into place. looks great.

mike

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' post='281523' date='Mar 12 2011, 05:54 PM']I threatened to complicate this paint job really fast. I started off wanting dozens of silver and grey textures but that wasn't working out too well for me. When I finally gave in and realized that this was a very straight forward paint up I started making the progress I'd hoped too.[/quote]

The original Celtic bio has a pretty understated paintjob. The silver is a little more metallic and warmer than what you ultimately went with and the detailing was brought it with a light blackish-brown wash which can be seen in the pits and crevices. While you may have gone a much more straightforward route than you originally intended your paintjob is still far more detailed and interesting than the original.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back