just an update to show off the googles with a much more accurate cap.
I recently sanded off the white paint from the rubber gasket To remove the loose flakes. I had hand painted the area but I am considering trying spray paint instead. Kind of looks cool as is but not sure I’ll keep it.
So I went to put it one an noticed that everyplace the rubber band hit or the items under the band seemed to be marred...
I’m not sure how to describe it. The paint did not come off. There is nothing on the items I removed. It is more like the items ate away at the shell. Either way, I need to repair it.
I am going to sand down the area and repaint. If there are some scratches left, that’s oky, I just want to get the finish even again. But once I am done, I may not be adding the band, box, and rods again as I do not know how to prevent this from happening. I fear it may not be a paint issue but something with the plastic the shell is made from.
So I didn’t have to redo the entire shell. I sanded the surface through the acrylic black wash down to the petroleum (green/blue) coat. Got most of the marring look removed. So I just redid the black wash.
I then used the stencil and used Rustolum spray Tuscan Sun yellow. After it dried, I weathered the insignia with some sandpaper and added a black wash of acrylic black. I still want to add a matte clear coat but here it is.
I either want to find a better band or will modify the one I have.
Thanks again to Trooper_trent for the great stencil. Very easy to work with.
I replaced the two wide bands with one single simple rubber band I had laying around. I wish I had another. I think the other ones were too tight and it was screwing up the shell.
After taking photos today, the marring on the shell was more prominent than I thought. At some point in the future, I am going to have to sand the affected areas to get rid of them. The other thing I need to do after looking at on screen images, is add some more bare metal weathering.
Finished Sabine’s paint gun. I am very happy with how it came out.
Also painted another beskar ingot I had printed a while back. Still looking for a better way to print that has less print line issues. I think I may have to print each side separately and glue together.
Not a prop replica but I felt the need to 3D print something and found this mythosaur skull pendant online. I reprinted the adjusters I designed for the Tico pendant to add some character.
The actual item looks a lot better than this photo. In person, the print lines are not visible. I also distinguished the look between the skull and the horns. One the skull, after I weathered it, I went over it with high grit wet auto sandpaper and some polish to give it a slight luster.
UPDATE 17NOV21 I made a change to the upper piece and have uploaded it as LIGHT_Top_Kyber_pendant.stl. The section above the threads has been increased by 1% to allow for just enough room to insert a battery operated LED. The exact LED lights I use can be found here...