My Builds: Sabine’s paint gun, Tico & Padme pendants, Imp Field Knife, R1 Rebel Helmet, etc

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Thanks you scottjua for getting me a non-mystery chunk So I could upgrade my V2.

2C5AE955-2EEE-4987-85C4-6060B52D2A22.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
just an update to show off the googles with a much more accurate cap.

I recently sanded off the white paint from the rubber gasket To remove the loose flakes. I had hand painted the area but I am considering trying spray paint instead. Kind of looks cool as is but not sure I’ll keep it.

69529A19-3902-4E30-810D-B50366179A5D.jpeg

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Once again... why isn’t anything ever easy?

After years of just leaving well enough alone, I decided it would be cool to add a logo to my Rogue One rebel soldier helmet.

Trooper_trent made me a great stencil..

AE1B3B8E-1417-4432-9757-2FAEF7F228FD.jpeg

So I went to put it one an noticed that everyplace the rubber band hit or the items under the band seemed to be marred...

B9D92D48-71D8-417C-A1D9-227C47CE77E8.jpeg

B54D4CD8-8B03-4300-A425-EB7EC7313035.jpeg

I’m not sure how to describe it. The paint did not come off. There is nothing on the items I removed. It is more like the items ate away at the shell. Either way, I need to repair it.

I am going to sand down the area and repaint. If there are some scratches left, that’s oky, I just want to get the finish even again. But once I am done, I may not be adding the band, box, and rods again as I do not know how to prevent this from happening. I fear it may not be a paint issue but something with the plastic the shell is made from.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
So I didn’t have to redo the entire shell. I sanded the surface through the acrylic black wash down to the petroleum (green/blue) coat. Got most of the marring look removed. So I just redid the black wash.

I then used the stencil and used Rustolum spray Tuscan Sun yellow. After it dried, I weathered the insignia with some sandpaper and added a black wash of acrylic black. I still want to add a matte clear coat but here it is.

B7F1CCDB-3C63-41A0-8830-C042005C92A9.jpeg

I either want to find a better band or will modify the one I have.

Thanks again to Trooper_trent for the great stencil. Very easy to work with.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
6FDE116C-16A6-4D7F-8FFE-6349D69E2CC8.jpeg

B8F48D86-B654-4C35-9711-AB409BA3A032.jpeg
820D79CE-1AEA-4B30-B498-69ADBC6682B7.jpeg

I replaced the two wide bands with one single simple rubber band I had laying around. I wish I had another. I think the other ones were too tight and it was screwing up the shell.

After taking photos today, the marring on the shell was more prominent than I thought. At some point in the future, I am going to have to sand the affected areas to get rid of them. The other thing I need to do after looking at on screen images, is add some more bare metal weathering.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
So a new chapter in my prop building life has started... I got a 3D printer for Father's Day.

Most of these are files from Thingiverse with some exceptions.

Here is what I have done so far...

Some pendants I made for myself and my daughter. I made the adjusters o the Rose version.
IMG_1578.jpeg

imperial credits
IMG_4875D.jpeg

Kyber crystal rack
IMG_4846.jpeg

Beskar ingots
IMG_4857D.jpeg

idealized pilot ID plate.
IMG_4888.jpeg

39F95F9B-5546-4B5E-B94C-E37A9119DBBA.jpeg

Little nub that fills in the odd open spot of the activation switch of this Savi (Galaxy's Edge) hilt.
IMG_4820.jpeg

Halo Cortana chip variants for my son.
IMG_4874D.jpeg

IMG_1580.jpeg

Jurassic Park III 3D printed raptor resonance chamber.
5A35FACA-806D-4D84-A5BF-04F80DEE33A7.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.