My Builds: The growing of an eclectic collection

Got my strap camera today. It will work on this next.

IMG_0420.JPG

Hi Frank...must have missed this, what did you use for the metal cylinders? Ate they a found item or custom machined?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Frank...must have missed this, what did you use for the metal cylinders? Ate they a found item or custom machined?

These are found items but only for the sake of having something relatively cheap without having someone machine something better.

These are just aluminum toothpick holder with the key rings removed?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img...8189.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.ET2T6P#

These are probably a little long and they have goldish caps on each end but it's not obvious. It was just a cheap $10 solution.

These are found items but only for the sake of having something relatively cheap without having someone machine something better.

These are just aluminum toothpick holder with the key rings removed?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img...8189.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.ET2T6P#

These are probably a little long and they have goldish caps on each end but it's not obvious. It was just a cheap $10 solution.

Thanks Frank...those seem to be good stand-ins until we either find the real deal or a source for machined cyinders comes up.:thumbsup

Last edited:
Yep, my friends consider me funny and VERY confused :lol

would I have known that I'd need the cylinders at the time we chatted AND would I know the accurate dimensions, I would have probably asked you to make a set for me :lol
don't get ke started on how many times I need to start things all over again and again and again, because I forgot something ;)

Here is what I have decided to do for the lamp mounting system.

Using a magnetic badge holder, some self sticking craft foam, and some two sided tape, I made this part:
attachment.php

It mounts to a piece of metal that for now is just wrapped and suspended using black duct tape:
attachment.php

The result is this:
attachment.php

I have not finished the lamp as I have not finalized the decision for the light source:
I am still waiting on a mini light. I have a bore lamp which I can easily clip inside the helmet but the next is easily seen. Although it's not awful:
51WpWaYuSCL._SL1000_.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also, a little bit of the wife's clear nail polish really helps sell the glass lens look:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
So how have you attached the shield to the helmet itself? Mines quite loose. If you turn the helmet upside down it will fall off.

Any suggestions?

MJF looking good buddy!!
Thank you.

I posted this in the other helmet thread but I will repost it here as well.

Here is what I have decided to do for the lamp mounting system.

Using a magnetic badge holder, some self sticking craft foam, and some two sided tape, I made this part:

View attachment 719911

It mounts to a piece of metal that for now is just wrapped and suspended using black duct tape:
View attachment 719768

The result is this:
View attachment 719769

I have not finished the lamp as I have not finalized the decision for the light source:
I am still waiting on a mini light. I have a bore lamp which I can easily clip inside the helmet but the neck is easily seen. Although it's not awful:
View attachment 719775View attachment 719774

Also, a little bit of the wife's clear nail polish really helps sell the glass lens look:
View attachment 719779View attachment 719780

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back