My Builds: The growing of an eclectic collection

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Sabine’s spray paint gun
- Complete.https://www.therpf.com/forums/threa...-rebel-helmet-etc.210211/page-18#post-5221554

Tico Sister Pendants, Padme pendants, Imperial credits, Beskar ingots, and other various 3D print projects
- Complete. https://www.therpf.com/forums/threa...-rebel-helmet-etc.210211/page-18#post-5219335

Imperial Mudtrooper Officer Goggles
- Complete. https://www.therpf.com/forums/threa...-rebel-helmet-etc.210211/page-18#post-5114268

Imperial Field Knife
- Completed. See My Builds: Imp Field Knife, R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, etc

Conveyex Train Security Key
- Completed. See My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

Updated existing Rebel Endor Bunker Bomb with accurate found parts
- Completed. See My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet
- Completed. See My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc with updated torch attachment. See My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

Jyn's Stormtrooper Doll

Poe/Finn Jacket Geeblies

Han Solo The Empire Strikes Back Hoth Blaster
- Completed. See http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=210211&page=10&p=4111229&viewfull=1#post4111229

Ahsoka Dual Lightsaber Hilts

Rey Staff

Millennium Falcon Dice (TFA)

Poe's Commander Rank Badge

Leia Ceremonial Necklace

Yavin Medal

Return of the Jedi V2.

Upgraded my Solo GK Blaster: My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

Youngling training lightsaber hilt
full-1800e3a80e32bf8427ce5f5db27a449e.jpg

Leia blaster projects
attachment.jpg

-Cast Margolin Return of the Jedi version build complete. See My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

attachment.jpg

-Rubies A New Hope version mod complete. See: My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

Greedo's blaster to my project list:
attachment.jpg

Edit: Complete. See My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

ORIGINAL POST:

I have a bunch of projects I wanter to do but I am lacking some serious motivation. For many people here, the things I would like do is no big deal. Not only that, but they would also utilize both skills and patience (two things i do not have) to have great results.

This thread represents all those projects so I do not have to clutter up the board with 4-6 threads.

Any help is welcome.

My projects in no particular order:

1. My DL-18 build thanks to the kit I got from Marcus.

I seek input and advice as I go along with the build. My goal is to create a prop replica that is not modeled after any particular screen used prop but one that looks like it is from that universe. I plan on leaving the black metal parts as is. I need to paint the body/grip area. What it style of black; Flat? Satin? Gloss?

IMG_1170.jpg

Edit: Complete. See My Builds: Imp Field Knife, R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, etc

2. Solo GK Blaster with parts I've slowly acquired. I still need a scope mount and muzzle adapter. This particular project I would like to source out to get it right. I want the body and finish modified for better accuracy. Plus I need the parts mentioned.

wip-dl-18-gk-droid-blaster-e-11-dh-17-jedi-belt-img_1384-jpg-337651d1402618991t

Edit: Completed by Scottjua. See My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

UPDATE (9 SEP 2015): I upgraded the blaster with new an more accurate parts machined by SoloHold: My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

3. Battle Droid Blaster. This is the first offering of the Hasbro blaster. Corellian Exports did a body mod for me about 10 years. However, it still has visible screw holes, some raised text, and lacking paint detailing and weathering. I would like to replace the plastic arms in the back with real metal using 1/2" metal stock.

IMG_1293.JPG

Edit: Complete. See My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

4. E-11 stunt/hyperfirm (forget what this is made from). I would like to sand and fill the ruff spots, give and new and detailed paint job complete with weathering.

IMG_1294.JPGView attachment 337658

Edit: Complete. See My Builds: Imp Field Knife, R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, etc

5. Hasbro DH-17. I modified this a couple years ago. I screwed up the lens cone and replaced it with an Armor All cap. What i would like to do is cut off the scope and the scope mount and add a Replica single point (from an MR DH-17). I have a real scope but I am hoping some day someone does a idealized A New Hope DH-17 body so i can use it for that.

IMG_1386.JPG

Edit: Most likely I will not attempt any further mods on this piece. There are too many things I want to correct. I would rather save my scope for a better replica of this blaster in the future.

6. Skywalker DL-44 Blaster. When I built this about 10 years ago, i added bolts on the side. i understand they should not be there. I need to remove them and fill in the holes.

IMG_1390.JPG

7. Luke Return of the Jedi belt. I need to redo it. When I made this about 15 years ago, I purposely made it so the buckle was connected to the opposite end. I did this to have better control of where the hook would be position when you wear it. But I now what to make it accurate.

IMG_1391.JPG

EDIT: Complete. See: My Builds: R1 Rebel Helmet, Jyn Doll, Ahsoka Hilts, Rey Staff, Necklace, etc

So that's it. Some jobs will be more time consuming than others. If you can suggest anything, please post.

Attachments

• IMG_1384.jpg
    IMG_1384.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 403
  • IMG_1813.jpg
    IMG_1813.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 625
  • IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 649
  • DSCF7432.JPG
    DSCF7432.JPG
    789.2 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Re: DH-17 Build Thread with guidance appreciated

DH-17?...It doesn't look anything like a Rebel Blaster

Re: DL-18 Build Thread with guidance appreciated

For the shells something between semi and gloss black, brown for the diamond pattern in the grip

either a gloss coat then cut it back with some steel wool or semi plus gentle buffing, I'd prefer gloss weathered down

Markus

Question about this part:

View attachment 306162

The top is the original piece with a cast cone addition. However the original piece lacks raised lip in the front and back.
The bottom is a solid cast piece of the with those raised lips but the cone lacks the ridge detail.

What is the bast thing to do?
Should I use the bottom piece and add ridges like seen here: http://www.therpf.com/f79/nu-blaste...-guard-blaster-110560/index5.html#post2142105
Should I cut the cone of the bottom piece on the bottom and replace with the cone on the top?

And about the scope:

Once the flat part is cut away, should I...
...leave it flat?
...round the tip?
...add an extension to create a point?

Last edited:

Combine the accurate elements of both sights, if you go for accuracy.

The scope features a tip with a x - shaped body and pointy end, check lichtbringers build to see what I am referring to

Markus

Damn. I was afraid you were going to say that. :p

Any good found pieces for the scope tip that are known?

Also, Lichtbringer screwed down his top side pieces but it does not look like he used any screws for the bottom piece. Is that just glued on?

Also, I've seen the image where the side parts overlap at the front. Is this correct? If so, are they screwed down together?

Last edited:

Damn. I was afraid you were going to say that. :p
Any good found pieces for the scope tip that are known?
Also, Lichtbringer screwed down his top side pieces but it does not look like he used any screws for the bottom piece. Is that just glued on?
Also, I've seen the image where the side parts overlap at the front. Is this correct? If so, are they screwed down together?

If you already knew my answer, why did you ask ;) :lol

Michael scratchbuit the scope tip from styrene bits.
The sideplates ARE screwed on, but the heads of the screws are filed down and blend with the sideplates. I used small M3 screws AND bolts to secure the plates to my grip-shells before I reattached these to the receiver. The lower, thin plate is only secured at the rear, so you can adjust its position depending on what blaster version you want to build (some have the sideplates overlap, some don´t). The screw itself is hidden withIN one hole of the V8 motorcoil creebly ;)

Markus

I changed this post to reflect my ever growing project list. Please go to the first post and check out the new info.

Last edited:
Re: On the Bench: DL-18, GK, Droid Blaster, E-11, DH-17, Jedi Belt; guidance apprecia

For the GK, reach out to scottjua. He's your guy! :thumbsup

Re: On the Bench: DL-18, GK, Droid Blaster, E-11, DH-17, Jedi Belt; guidance apprecia

Cool! This thread has reminded me that I should really get back to my Jedi Utility Belt. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the support.

I guess I have not been completely slacking off. I remembered I did this a few weeks ago: http://www.therpf.com/f11/under-50-diorama-well-thats-plan-anyhow-214612/

I decided to start with the project that would require the least amount of work. Item #6. Skywalker DL-44 Blaster (side bolts removal). The bolt removal was easy because I did tap the holes. So I unscrewed the bolts and filled the holes with Bondo. I am waiting for the Bondo to dry right now. I also just repainted the greebles the bolts were holing in place. I did this as a test to see if the paint I have will match the blaster's body when I touch it up. I really do not want to repaint the whole blaster.

Seems like your summer holidays are going to be quite busy with all these loose ends and jedi chores ;) - not to self I finally do need to finish all these graflex and OB1 sabers a.s.a.p. :wacko

Chaim

Busy is right. The biggest problem is figuring where to start and making sure you have everything to do the job.

For instance, i'm on my second day of filling in the bolt holes of the Luke The Empire Strikes Back blaster. I had to stop yesterday because I did not have flat black paint.

While I was out yesterday, I also picked up the 0.5" wide steel flat bar stock metal that will ultimately go on the droid blaster.

Another item i sort of working on is the base/pltaform for a glass dome i got for my Jedi Remote. However that is a different thread: http://www.therpf.com/f79/master-replicas-jedi-remote-leia-blaster-help-required-208656/

EDIT: item #6 complete.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Thanks Markus.

I've started work on the DL-18 today

First thing i did was hollow out the muzzle piece so that I could fit the required parts inside. The flexible material of the casting kept it from shattering but it was prone to tearing. I had to do some repair work. Still got some minor clean up to do but it should be fine.

IMG_1429.jpg

I've also done clean up work to the scope and butt cap. Searching for something to stick in the front of the of the scope. I have a layer of primer on the pistol casing.

Okay here is the thing that is bothering me. Since the pistol used in the movies had a black plastic body, they didn't show any metal wear on that section. So what does this mean in the Star Wars universe? The DL-18 uses plastic/composite for the body? The place guards just happen to alway touch up the body section but not the side pieces?

Another reference for weathering.

KananWeapons.jpg

Last edited:

This is as far as I got today. I need to paint the grips brown and fabricate a scope mount. At some point I would like to improve the scope tip but I could not find anything better at the moment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back