My builds/finds: aluminium razor crest lever

I found some stainless on Etsy.. I want to attempt to make a shirt for the side show child

Problem is attaching it to the child.. maybe have a magnet opening back? Idk yet.. curious to see what woody comes up with
It’s difficult to tell from the pictures, the one where Luke is holding it up, it kinda looks like they may have left a V opening in the back, so the neck hole can expand sideways to accommodate the ears?

Woody I have been obsessed with this… I have done nothing but watch YouTube videos on how to do it

I have the side show child here in front of me.. I got some measurements off him and I’m curious what you came up with for size

It’s looking like 8-1/2 wide plus 8-1/2 long

I am doing this all with a tape measure I don’t have any digital tools or photoshop to help scale it right now

The child also lives at my girlfriends place 1300 miles away.. so if you need any measurements now is the time to ask
181F658F-B4B9-4686-A7AD-652692F725EA.jpeg

Woody I have been obsessed with this… I have done nothing but watch YouTube videos on how to do it

I have the side show child here in front of me.. I got some measurements off him and I’m curious what you came up with for size

It’s looking like 8-1/2 wide plus 8-1/2 long

I am doing this all with a tape measure I don’t have any digital tools or photoshop to help scale it right now

The child also lives at my girlfriends place 1300 miles away.. so if you need any measurements now is the time to ask
View attachment 1548302
Here in lays the problem for me too, as I don’t own a life size baby Yoda. I found the measurements online (I can’t remember if it was for the side show or hot toys)

Height: 16.5″ (419.1 mm) | Width: 13″ (330.2 mm) | Depth: 9″ (228.6 mm)

I assume these are taken from the widest points and take into account clothing and the fully extended arm span.

But it so happens that my wife owns a teddy bear that is the exact same hieght, so I figured i’d just work off of that.

I just measured the chest piece that I’m still working on and it is exactly 6” wide (24x 6mm linked rings on each horizontal line)

I don’t have any access to software either, but I used the mark up function on my phone and did this and I also make it a 8.5” drop!

161DEA9D-38DC-4213-BD82-604902BFB1A0.jpeg

Problem is accounting for the neck hole as it’s a 3d shape.

I’m not sure on the sleeve length, I was planning to do it by eye if I’m honest ( I’m surprised the piece I’m working on came out dead on 6” wide as I’d only eyeballed it)

From this image I make them between 2.5-3”
But because of how the mail is made, adding length to the sleeves should be easy, knowing when to stop and making them too long will be the tricky part.

B456B43F-0BEA-4BD7-B236-0BD7432CB6B9.jpeg

This site has a good illustration of what I mean.

I’m just planning to do a front and back panels, join the with 2 thin strips either side, which will be filled in to make the neck hole. Join the sides up, then work round the arm holes to extent the sleeves, then I’ll count the number of rings and repeat for the other arm.

Sounds simple in theory right! But it’s frustratingly time consuming.

I’m planning on making a little wooden display stand for it and a bundle of the cloth tied in the same fashion, as well as a hardware saber build to go alongside it.

One measurement I do need is the head size. To make sure the neck isn’t too small.

Last edited:
Here in lays the problem for me too, as I don’t own a life size baby Yoda. I found the measurements online (I can’t remember if it was for the side show or hot toys)

Height: 16.5″ (419.1 mm) | Width: 13″ (330.2 mm) | Depth: 9″ (228.6 mm)

I assume these are taken from the widest points and take into account clothing and the fully extended arm span.

But it so happens that my wife owns a teddy bear that is the exact same hieght, so I figured i’d just work off of that.

I just measured the chest piece that I’m still working on and it is exactly 6” wide (18 x 6mm linked rings on each horizontal line)

I don’t have any access to software either, but I used the mark up function on my phone and did this and I also make it a 8.5” drop!

View attachment 1548316

Problem is accounting for the neck hole as it’s a 3d shape.

I’m not sure on the sleeve length, I was planning to do it by eye if I’m honest ( I’m surprised the piece I’m working on came out dead on 6” wide as I’d only eyeballed it)

From this image I make them between 2.5-3”
But because of how the mail is made, adding length to the sleeves should be easy, knowing when to stop and making them too long will be the tricky part.

View attachment 1548321

This site has a good illustration of what I mean.

I’m just planning to do a front and back panels, join the with 2 thin strips either side, which will be filled in to make the neck hole. Join the sides up, then work round the arm holes to extent the sleeves, then I’ll count the number of rings and repeat for the other arm.

Sounds simple in theory right! But it’s frustratingly time consuming.

I’m planning on making a little wooden display stand for it and a bundle of the cloth tied in the same fashion, as well as a hardware saber build to go alongside it.

One measurement I do need is the head size. To make sure the neck isn’t too small.
Interesting, I came up with 2.5/3 as well because of the actors 3 fingers holding it up

I measured the thickness of 3 of my fingers like that and came up with 3”

Gonna check out your link now

Interesting, I came up with 2.5/3 as well because of the actors 3 fingers holding it up

I measured the thickness of 3 of my fingers like that and came up with 3”

Gonna check out your link now
lol - that would have been easier, don’t know why I didn’t think of that.

Hoping to have the 1st panel finished or close to finished tomorrow. Probably be a few more weeks at least before the whole thing is done.

Looks great man! Did you keep track of the hours?
Lol no, it’s been a lot, but I can do it with the tv on in the background, I’ve been off work this week so it will go slower from here on out, but I think I spent a lot of time figuring out how to do it and correcting mistakes in the beginning.

So I’m still threading chain links, I’m 1/2 way through the 2nd panel, but caught a cold and don’t have the concentration to work on it today, so I thought I’d post some parts I’ve been sitting on for Chirrut Imwe’s staff and echo box that I’ll be making at some point.

I’m still putting together the other metal parts for the staff topper and middle section.

So far I’ve found a correct sized top piece and a radiator connector nut - that needs a wire lock hole drilled through it.

I also took a walk in the woods and cut a hawthorn branch to use as the staff itself, it’s currently hanging in my loft space to season for a few months before I cut it down and remove the thorns.

EEAC9427-72DC-4324-9FC7-865F069AD514.jpeg

21424F4B-56BB-4453-8229-BEE43CD366AA.jpeg

A23E6FB9-8099-4510-AA8D-68159D033D38.jpeg
65B88F3F-FBE9-45EC-BF6E-14EB425D6467.jpeg

Little update: still threading rings, gone through 2500+ so far of the original 3k I had, so ordered anther 2k!

Finished off the 2nd 6x6’ panel and started extending out from shoulders to form the neck hole, which will be another 2.5’ the back will have a ‘v’ shape and the front will be higher up and straight.

I marked the end of the panels with a couple for string darts in the corners and the center with and extra ring with marker on, which will get removed later.

Still much to do.

1E069516-02AA-4C30-97EF-FAB5D5EC3A0C.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great buddy, I want to tackle this so bad… I appreciate you posting your ring count

I’m guessing we need 6-7000 rings?

Looks great buddy, I want to tackle this so bad… I appreciate you posting your ring count

I’m guessing we need 6-7000 rings?
You’re welcome. Not sure yet, I can let you know once I finish, I’m hoping 5k will be enough. But this is the 3rd lot of rings I ordered, so my estimates have been way off.

I actually think this ring size is too small, I counted the lines from the screen cap and I’ll have extra by the time I’m done, not that I think it will be all that noticeable and I’m not about to start again.

If you do decide to use a larger ring size bear in mind you’d need less rings and my ring count won’t match.

You’re welcome. Not sure yet, I can let you know once I finish, I’m hoping 5k will be enough. But this is the 3rd lot of rings I ordered, so my estimates have been way off.

I actually think this ring size is too small, I counted the lines from the screen cap and I’ll have extra by the time I’m done, not that I think it will be all that noticeable and I’m not about to start again.

If you do decide to use a larger ring size bear in mind you’d need less rings and my ring count won’t match.
Funny I think your ring size looks perfect

Maybe an open back with a few magnets could be the trick to put it on that child? Or snaps?:unsure:
Not a bad idea, this is where I’m at at the moment. I’ll do the V on the back and see how that works, if it doesn’t allow enough room, then I can fill it in, remove a row to create a larger opening and look for a faster, maybe some sort of magnetic bag clasp?

F79D7B32-EC85-4017-8F6E-A4863A26F3F2.jpeg

FD2616F8-F9F7-4BBF-9EF8-996C7AD0F3F4.jpeg

Planning on filling that out till the V meats in the middle for the back

EDIT: the tally is off there are an equal number of rows on each shoulder extension, I just forgot to mark off the last one on paper.

Not a bad idea, this is where I’m at at the moment. I’ll do the V on the back and see how that works, if it doesn’t allow enough room, then I can fill it in, remove a row to create a larger opening and look for a faster, maybe some sort of magnetic bag clasp?

View attachment 1552883

View attachment 1552884
Planning on filling that out till the V meats in the middle for the back

EDIT: the tally is off there are an equal number of rows on each shoulder extension, I just forgot to mark off the last one on paper.
Seriously man… this is becoming art.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back