My Booth's Derringer National Treasure

Stefan Jones

Sr Member
Since I had no money to buy one of the nicer Derringer Kits or a good replica, I was searching for a good alternative.
Recently I found a toy Philadelphia Derringer made out of plastic and zinc die-cast.
It is not 100% accurate but with a little paint and the right presentation it is just fine for me.

Here are some pictures of an unpainted Derringer and the final one:

DSCF9916.jpg

DSCF9915.jpg

DSCF9917.jpg

DSCF9919.jpg

DSCF9920.jpg

DSCF9921.jpg

DSCF9922.jpg

The Diary you see the Derringer pictured with is an old diary from 1875, I want to use as a starting point for another project as soon as I find some time between my many projects :)

thanks for watching!

Very nice Stefan! Congrats!!!

This is my Deringer Philadelphia made by Davide Pedersoli. It is a working replica.

fotoegl.jpg

Very nice! You did a great job with the paint work! :thumbsup

I think with all the talent out there, someone could sculpt one of these guns in resin, then paint them up to look like the real deal...

I have a big file of reference pictures for this gun that I would be happy to share with anyone interested.

Cheers,

Andy

I agree with Andy - great job mate. Its astonishing what a coat of paint in the hands of a skilled craftsman can do.

I sympathise regarding the difficulty in acquiring a decent replica but, seeing yet another Deringer posted here is always great. By the way, your Diary is also fantastic..
Many thanks for sharing.

Now all we need to do is wait to see Brenton's build - I have no doubt it wil be top drawer...

Booth003.jpg

Booth004.jpg

Cheers again and high regards

MARK

Love it! To my shock and amazement, I actually got to see the ACTUAL Deringer that shot Lincoln at a recent trip to the Ford Theater museum. It was a very solemn experience to say the least.

1189f9a5.jpg

Beautiful piece Stefan!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back