My Blade Runner collection (NEW: Deckard's sawfish rostrum)

Re: My Blade Runner collection

This is the latest version (3.0) of the buddha replicas... They're done with real 24 carat gold leaf on the heads and wood veneer on the stands for accuracy... This pair is sold.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

Re: My Blade Runner collection

One of the things I have to tackle next are the markings on the receiver... especially the MOD SL part and the Steyr logo are unclear and almost disappeared during sanding... So I bought new letter punches and had a Steyr logo punch costum made to freshen up the markings :D I'll start by filling the remains of the old markings with new pewter....

View attachment 662805View attachment 662804View attachment 662806

Wow...that is amazing.Where did you bought this metal steyr stamp?

Re: My Blade Runner collection (Buddhas 3.0)

Shout out to Buch for these awesome replica Buddha heads from Deckards apartment.

IMG_3384.JPGIMG_3455.JPG

Not best with my pictures but here they are.

I went a little different route with my paint scheme for both. But man, were these a blast to put together and paint up. One of those paint jobs were nothing you do can "mess it up." I really enjoyed these and can't give Buch enough praise for doing these. I've always wanted a set. Plus the good sir supplied some wood to finish the stands, very cool:thumbsup

dont think I'm finished yet. May re-stain the wood darker and probably add more weathering. I really dig the green added in some of Buch's so I may give that a go.

Lastly I can edit with a photo/list with the paints I used if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Mechanized2400: WOW - they turned out great! Stellar job! They really got that antique feel about them! And the stands are cool too!

Very happy you like them!

Did you use a wash on the gold/bronze?

Please upload your paint guide / materials used :D I love seeing different interpretations of them...

Last edited:

Thank you Buch and joberg

These are the main paints and washes I used on both.
IMG_3296.JPG

i started the round topped head with a airbrushed flat gray and random streaks of gold. After that I used mutilple coats of each wash of Rust-n-Dust(#1-3). This stuff is great and really gives an aged feel and texture. I used a matte clear coat from a distance in between each paint coat to add in texture. Lastly went in with #4 of the Rust-n-dust which is just fine dirt/dust to add more texture.

for the pointed head I started with a rattle can gold all over and clear coat after it dried. Then went in with black and brown washes, again putting a coat of matte clear coat on from a distance to add texture. It was still very "new" looking after all this; so, I went back with the multiple black washes(#2) from Rust-n-Dust to really dull it out.

Again, I may go back and add more to both because they're such a fun paint job. And I really dig the way Buch's came out over on the prop summit(may be here too).

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Where can I get Micro-Mark's Rust'n'dust? Can't seem to find a shop :confused

Small update on recent projects....

I've started putting together a Deckard costume. Started with Magnoli's AWESOME shirt, and am now considering fabric for the blazer.... not that easy to find! Ideas are more than welcome!

19390562_10155373200414763_6185360949421812566_o.jpg19402050_10155373200009763_4517293819477770246_o.jpg

I also have a Tomenosuke kit on the way.. will post pics.... Ohhhh soooo much fun to come!

Indeed...and frustration, but that comes with the territory;) What kind of fabric is in the pic? (shirt looks fantastic btw) tie? I know that Magnoli has the pants also.

Indeed...and frustration, but that comes with the territory;) What kind of fabric is in the pic? (shirt looks fantastic btw) tie? I know that Magnoli has the pants also.

Tell me about it! This is pure wool orange herringbone.... it's not bad, it's not perfect... a bit too bright, herringbone not showing enough, and it lacks structure... but again: Not bad. I'm looking into pure silk noil at the moment, which apparently was the original material. Had a connection in India, but it sort of went dead again... seller had some personal issues. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm waiting for the Magnoli tie to come back in stock, he's working on an improved model! I want to go with dark brown wool for the pants I think...

Last edited:
Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW costume!)

You should try to take a sample of that fabric and dip it in dark tea...see how it modifies the herringbone pattern. Now, you'll have to make a few attempts before you get it right. Good luck and keep us posted!

You should try to take a sample of that fabric and dip it in dark tea...see how it modifies the herringbone pattern. Now, you'll have to make a few attempts before you get it right. Good luck and keep us posted!

I think I'll try that... will do a test with Dylon fabric dye as well... luckily this fabric was cheap so I got a lot :D

Muhahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

The Tomenosuke kit arrived today. Super excited about it! I've had a "pimping kit" ready for half a year: Metal barrel + vintage Weaver knob and binding post! This will be epic.... will post pics of the actual Tomen kit later :D

Tomen kit.jpgPimpin kit.jpg

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW Tomenosuke kit!)

Lucky dog you;)

The good thing about growing up is that you can afford the toys you wanted as a kid!

I tried the tea dye today... the color didn't change notably... so I think that's a dead end. Next I'll try is this terra-cotta brown from Dylon. Hope It'll tone down the orange a bit....

terracotta-brown-2.jpg

As I was playing around with lighting and filters on my phone, I was (again!) awestruck by the physics of light and color perception.... these are two different shots with different light settings and filters... the shot on the right is almost dead on when it comes to color :eek

Skærmbillede 2017-06-29 18.48.51.png

Last edited:

Welcome to Hell Bush:D The only way to have a good color match is with 1: a Grey Scale or 2: hop in a plane, go to the Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle and do the comparo with your swatch of fabric...

I like option no 2... wouldn't mind visiting Seattle! Maybe next year :cool

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW Chess pieces!)

I have the set from Rick Ross and they are fantastic. These look terrific and I'm looking forward to seeing your display when its done...

Regards,
MARK

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back