My bio short and sweet.

Darkwolf1

Hey guys I got my Bio from Casey who did a great job on it and sent it to me ready to paint after a bath.... THANKS BUDDY!!!!! So as a few know I have several projects going on so I can not afford a artist to do my painting right now. I decided to take a whack at it since I can always have it painted over later. I did not post progress are "how to's" as there are people on here with real talent I can never hope to match and they have covered all aspects in their posts. I will include a list of what I did. In some of the photos you can see the other colors coming through. I would have uploaded the original pics so you could see the detail but they were all over 5mb each. I used the "dry spray method" at least that's what I know it by for holding the spray back 12" or so with the heat on so it's almost dry when it hits the surface creating texture and helping with layering. I may dust the ridges with black I'm not sure yet. Your comments positive or negative are welcome as I am here to learn as well as offer up anything I know. I still have to install lasers and such.

So all paints Krylon Fusion:

1) soapy bath
2) 3 light coats "hammered silver"
2) 1 light coat "hammered bronze"
3) 1 light "dry dusting" OD green flat
4) 1 light "dry dusting" hunter green
5) 1 light coat hammered bronze
6) 1 annoying cat getting in the way

h1.jpg

h4.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

stuuuupid cat! :)
h5.jpg

h1.jpg

h4.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h5.jpg

Looks nice. It could be the lighting or just the camera...seems pretty uniform in color. was hoping to see some of those greens pop a bit more

Looks nice. It could be the lighting or just the camera...seems pretty uniform in color. was hoping to see some of those greens pop a bit more

I appreciate the tip. I just got this DSLR and I do not know how to do all the flash modes so I'm having a tuff time figuring out how to get the best pic. I may just have to wait for a sunny day. Here is a close up of it. Not sure if it helps if you click it it should open the bigger pic:

closeup.jpg

closeup.jpg

Very good job, especially since you did this with rattle cans and I personally can never get an even coating with those insipid things. Very nice man!

Nice ..I like the hammered effect. I hit my Gort with a really wide sweep of that in just a few spots ..liked the effect. The close ups do the texture justice ...I'm sure it looks awesome in person

I appreciate the tip. I just got this DSLR and I do not know how to do all the flash modes so I'm having a tuff time figuring out how to get the best pic. I may just have to wait for a sunny day. Here is a close up of it. Not sure if it helps if you click it it should open the bigger pic:
You will actually get better results outside on an overcast day. Taking pics in the sun will create glare which will affect the photo in similar ways to a flash. Taking photos when it's overcast allows details to stand out a lot better. Play around with the ISO settings if you're having problems with camera shake caused by too long an exposure.

Here's a couple of examples for you:

The first pic was taken with the sun starting to shine on the helmet. You can see the glare washing out a few of the details around the forehead, and also the area that is not in the sun looks a little dark.

IMG_2727.jpg.gif

After checking the pics on the camera, I moved it so I was taking pics with no direct sunlight falling on it. The forehead details show up a little better, and where the pic was a little dark on the left hand side of the helmet is now much more evenly lit.

IMG_2731.jpg.gif

Hope you don't think I'm hijacking your thread, just wanted to give you some examples since you mentioned you weren't sure how to get the best results! I look forward to seeing some details pics of your bio. :)

IMG_2727.jpg.gif

IMG_2731.jpg.gif

Thanks guys. I appreciate the tips and info.

Hez: Yeah I'm a complete NoOb with the camera. I had my Kodak digital since 1998 I think. I will look up the "Iso" thing in the book later. I got the camera as a gift and I'm stumbling along :) thanks for the tips. If I do dust it any further I'll post more pics and I'll try some outside.

Pick up the manual and some books, like from John Freeman that set you off in the right direction.

For foto's like this:
-Tripod
-set ISO to 100
-turn the dial on top to aperture priority
-set aperture up to around 10-16 ish
-get a light setup that shows your paint best while you see it (regardless of the camera)
-take shots but NO flash!

That being said: it looks nice, but rather flat due to it looking uniform. Is this what you intended?

Oh, and Hez: with a little tinkering in photoshop or alike, the second picture of yours could be much more vibrant.

Pick up the manual and some books, like from John Freeman that set you off in the right direction.

For foto's like this:
-Tripod
-set ISO to 100
-turn the dial on top to aperture priority
-set aperture up to around 10-16 ish
-get a light setup that shows your paint best while you see it (regardless of the camera)
-take shots but NO flash!

That being said: it looks nice, but rather flat due to it looking uniform. Is this what you intended?

Oh, and Hez: with a little tinkering in photoshop or alike, the second picture of yours could be much more vibrant.

No I did not want it to look flat. In person it looks alot better. You can see the texture and colors in the big close-up photo. I'm still working on it and I will try the camera settings as well. Hey it's my first one.... :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back