My Bio Sculpt

AdenSolu

Hello all,

I've decided to create a new bio mask and wanted to involve all the hunters on the board. I've finally decided to start work on a full scale Predator costume since I am almost finished with my SE ROTJ Boba Fett costume, and the sculpting and mask making of some zombie/corpse masks for a low budget movie that some people are commissioning me to do. Now as I have a little time to fit in my Predator costume, I've decided to start this thread and update people with how it's going. These are the first pictures as I start the process. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

For some reason I can't get the pictures to attach to the message, so here's the picture's link from the Dented Helmet site where I also posted them until I can figure out why there not uploading here. So far i'm just working on the basic shape for a human face to be able to comfortably wear it. From there, I'm going to be building it up and making it longer/larger, then adding the details. Once I've finished the sculpt, i'm going to be making molds from it to paint and install laser sights.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-bio-mask-scul...93/#post1265808

looks good so far......keep posting the progress......
cant wait to see it finished

Thanks, I have another mannequin on order also so that when that gets here, I'm going to start building the latex skin suit. Can't wait to start on that as well. I'll keep posting pics as progress moves along. Thanks again!

The Dented Helmet didn't want me posting Predator threads on their site so I moved the pictures to a new site. All the links have been updated in this thread to go to the new site. So what does everyone think so far?

I actually just ordered the parts I needed so that when I finish the sculpt and cast it, I'm going to be enhancing the mask electronically to have real light up eye lenses and some other pretty cool enhancements that I haven't seen anyone try on a Predator suit/mask before. The problem I've noticed with other masks that have the eyes light up like they do in the movies with that bright electronic glow is that it makes the wearer pretty much unable to see out of the mask. I've figured out a way to bypass this so until the parts get in, I'm going to finish the sculpt and the go from there. Oh I can't wait to show you guys!

Okay I haven't gotten the lights in yet, but the helmet cam and monitor/microphone arrived today. The light are super bright motorcycle helmet led's that I will be installing behind the eyes of the mask. There will be sunglass lenses infront of them to dull it down slightly, but still make them glow. I will then block off the lights from the inside and the eyes so that I don't have to worry about the glare reflecting back and blinding me. Most people are probably wondering what I plan on doing to the helmet so as to allow me to see out of it if the eye lenses are covered? Well I ordered a mini helmet/motocross style camera that you can attach anywhere, and I will be building it into the mask to provide live video feed onto a portable monitor so as to actually have an electronically working bio-mask similar to the technology in the movies. Ofcourse you can spend even more money and get a camera with things like thermal vision and infrared and things like that, but for this first build I'm keeping it simple and everything is the monitor is a rechargeable screen, and the helmet cam runs off a 4 AA battery pack that is easy to install into the helmet. I'll start a tutorial as I begin this process, but for now let me show you some pictures of the items I bought and have already experimented around with and work great! These first pictures are of the motorcycle led that will go behind the lenses to give the Predator glow so many people are always looking to achive.

The great thing about this system that I am designing is that everything is portable and runs on battery packs that can be installed into the undermask or on the bio helmet itself. I got tired of looking at all these Predator and Boba Fett helmets trying to be as lifelike as possible, but they always seem to be lacking in the helmet electronics department. Sure some people have modded out their helmets to have tri laser targeting systems, but what about the real substance of the predator helmet? The vision modes and sound effects and such are a crucial part to these helmet's in my opinion. So I'm working on a budget version of these parts that I will install into my bio-mask once I have it cast and painted, and from there I will create a huntorial to show people how they too can do the modifications. Time permitting I'll probably come out with a kit where I'll offer my resin or fiberglass helmets finished or unfinished, and do all the electronic work as well. Obviously like I said, the camera modes available could alter depending on how much your looking to spend, but just the generic camera that I have handles everything perfectly clear, and even does well in low light settings. Here's some pictures of the helmet cams I'm talking about that I just got and the camera. Once I finish this, I'll work on multiple vision modes, but for now I've got all this to do and to install the sound effects that Ill be able to play through mp3 format to have various movie quality growls, clicks and other vocalizations. I figured if I was going to go for a quality Predator helmet, I wanted it to be a close to a real working one as possible. Here are the pictures of my camera and display monitor for the inside of the helmet.

Here's this link with the pictures...

http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-bio-mask-scul...93/#post1271278

Some people were worried that the monitor would be directly in front of your face and it would be utterly useless, but the design I came up with that incorporates these technologies into it, will actually give plenty of space between the bio-mask and the wearers actual face and undermask. I've had a few friends over in my work space today and showed them what I had planned and jerry-rigged a demo version for them to try and they were all blown away. I'll sketch up a couple drawings to explain this better and show people how the undermask, bio-mask, and harness will all work. Then once I finish the sculpting and casting of my mask, I'll install the real parts and pieces into the ultimate in Predator headgear!I would of taken pictures of the demo gear I had made today, but my digital camera went haywire and wouldn't work. Anyways, look forward to the headgear design and then to the finished sculpt and mold eventually.

Having a monitor inside the bio sounds very interesting. :rolleyes: When you have it all together and finished, will you be able to put up a video or such so we can see how it looks (from inside the bio)?

Okay everyone go to the link below because here is a sketch I drew up real quick of a bio-mask and an undermask to show people what I'm talking about as far as the electronics installation. Once I get the parts and actually begin installing them I'll do a tutorial, but for now I wanted to at show a picture. Oh, and as far as the distance, the monitor will be a good 4 to 5" away from the eyes, so plenty of distance to optimally see with it.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-bio-mask-scul...93/#post1271278

Having a monitor inside the bio sounds very interesting. :rolleyes: When you have it all together and finished, will you be able to put up a video or such so we can see how it looks (from inside the bio)?

Ofcourse I would't be opposed to posting video and interior shots for everyone to see. That's what I've come to love and cherish about these boards, is that we have a place to explore and create wonderful projects and costumes, and everyone is here to help each other towards those goals and teach old and new methods along the way. That was the reason I decided to do my Predator costume this way, was I was tired of every scifi movie and videogame having these sophisticated helmet displays inside their faceplates, but nothing ever like that in real life or in any of the costumes I've seen.

Was busy finishing another project I had to do by a deadline, so now I'm free to start work on this again. I'll post some new pictures within the next day or so as I get further along.

Here are some pictures of the non permanent set up of the illuminated eyes that I installed in this custom suit I'm playing around with. Once I finish my bio sculpt and do the P1 costume I'm also building, I'll post the pictures of the inside of the bios as I install the camera system, tri lasers, and illuminated eye lenses and show how to do it also. I just wanted to get some photos up for all those that have been getting eager and keep asking me what progress has been going on. More pictures to come!

Here is the link to the photos...
http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-bio-mask-scul...93/#post1297130

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back