My Bio display WIP!

Lee1

Hey guys

Well enough of the lurking huh! I started my Bio display today, this is my first time painting a Pred, Latex and even doing a creature lol, im a vehicle guy at heart!
That said, with Prosaide and an airbrush in hand, i wient at painting my Monsterroom undermask.
I kinda went with a P1 derivative, so please no laughing at me lol, i will say, it was kinda fun!

Still needs a few tweaks, but i could do with some opinions from you fellas, look OK?

Once im done with the paint here, ill seal it all up with liquitex.

Right, i need to go pay Paul for my P2 Bio...the rest of the build will be pretty custom, as i want to go my own way on the Bio etc!

bests.....lee
Predator002.jpg

Predator001.jpg

Whoa its that bad huh...ah well, anyhoo, got the paint finished up and sealed with Liquitex, and fitted the Bambooie's, kept them long, i kinda like the longer dreads!

lee

Predator004.jpg

Predator006.jpg

Predator007.jpg

Cheers bud, im on such new ground i didnt know what to think lol. I agree on the dreads, i just prefer that longer look, i still may add some shading to the dreads yet to age them somewhat, not sure yet, but i will be adding some cool beads and stuff, all you guys have given me a really good head full of ideas lol.

lee

Yep, first time Paul, ive popped that cherry at long last :D LOL. it was fun, so much, i reckon i will one day do a full face with what i have learnt, there is so much id have done a different way, even now!
This is the mask that will nestle under your P2 mask buddy, but the paint on that will be a little....different, very tribal look i reckon!
Oh and ill be doing a BDE P1 too soon, looks a blast to paint!

lee

I havent painted them yet Sammy, ive got 70 of Joe's, and 50 already done by Hez on the way, so im going to check out the ones off Hez first, then mix up some from Joe, im kinda stuck on how to create an aged bone pattern right now, not sure how to go about it lol!
I do have a good collection of various beads to put in there too, like what we see on the Elders and ceremonial etc, so ill be adding those!

lee

The Bio has to be sick lol..sick as hell! Ive been looking at the King Jamie Exectioner, with all those glyphs?
Is that sick enough? I love that mask though, think im warming to that for my P1 more so than the BDE!

Watch this space lol, and thanks for the kind words fellas!

lee

I thought about the elder Bio bud, but its not my cuppa, so i bought a P1 and P2 (my faves) to tinker around with for some real tribal design, i may yet try bag a Bonehunter, but id love to see one on an undermask first, then consider it!

bests.....lee

damn that undermask really pops. its so bright! adds a really animated feel to it. it'd be cool to see a whole costume done in that cartoony kind of style. very original, i like it!

awesome job lee. really great work. even better because it was your first. but you can tell that you know your way around paint.

Aww shoot, Craig...you said cartoony lol, ya know, in fact in the flesh,it does kind of look that way, very lurid maybe?
Im happy with the outcome so far though, i just need to learn sooo much more about layers when painting creatures, its such a new ball game, but my god it is fun, im stoked to get a Bio on him now and some dread beads, ill go for some airhoses etc too!
Thanks for the comps Ray, i reckon itll look OK when all tied up, but not much of the skull will be seen as it was a Bio display all along...just means i have to blag the missus i need a nice full face mask someday LOL.

lee

I havent painted them yet Sammy, ive got 70 of Joe's, and 50 already done by Hez on the way, so im going to check out the ones off Hez first, then mix up some from Joe, im kinda stuck on how to create an aged bone pattern right now, not sure how to go about it lol!
I do have a good collection of various beads to put in there too, like what we see on the Elders and ceremonial etc, so ill be adding those!

lee

Hey man, you know who made small animal bone model for predator neck beams ? real bone too high the price on ebay.

Just got my AVP cold cast from Gerrard of Mysteria...top notch lid and killer service..thanks Gerrard, you really came through bud!
I like this Bio, its big and bold, i ordered it completed in cold cast alloy, and its superbly done...now i just cant wait to get a hold of my P2 Bio for some painting fun!

lee

Predator019.jpg

Predator020.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back