My Berserker 1:4 sculpt

Yarko

Hello!

I've been away from the predator world for a while, working on other stuff. But since I was missing it so much, I've started this little project. It's a berserker predator 1/4 figure. It seems like neca is not going to make one, so I will be making my own one so I can make a diorama with the classic predator or something! I'm using supersculpey (bot normal and firm versions).

Starting basic shapes:

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

Mandibles added and starting details:

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1430-1.jpg

Mandibles elongated and starting to work on the textures:

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Head is more or less finished (may fix some stuff in the future). The head is in a temporary base. I will cut it and attach it to the real body.

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Size comparison with neca figure

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

Body armature:

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

How are you seeing it so far?

I've just realized that my last pics are too blurry. I'll try to make some better ones so you can see the textures and stuff. My camera sux >_

Damn! stunning sculpt so far man, is this ur first time sculpting a 1:4? This should be badass, i'll be sure to check back for updates on this bad boy. Amazing craftsmanship on that head so far!

Damn! stunning sculpt so far man, is this ur first time sculpting a 1:4? This should be badass, i'll be sure to check back for updates on this bad boy. Amazing craftsmanship on that head so far!

Thanks! It's my most serious attempt at 1/4. I made two or three busts in the past, but they look nothing like this (I was very noob at the time, and I hadn't even discovered super sculpey yet). I have also made some busts in 1/6 (a district 9 prawn and a Moria orc), but I found it a bit boring to sculpt something that small. Definitely, scultping 1/4 is a lot more entertaining, and it allows to make some nice things with the textures

I liked the movie but I didn't think that I liked the Berserker enough to want to see it again. I was was wrong. Slowly I see more and more sculpts and I am liking it more and more. This particular sculpt is very intriguing...I really enjoy the positioning of the upper mandibles and how you used two colors of clay to separate the fleshy part of the head and the hard outer bone.

I thank you for creating a very cool sculpt and for making me like that abomin...er I mean Mr Black

Thanks for the comments

I might offer it for sale, but I don't know yet. It depends on how it looks in the end and how difficult/expensive the mould and castings are. Right now, I'm doing it just as an sculpting exercise. I'll let you know when it's finished

Out of me being curious is the neca figure the refference for the sculpt?It looks sweet and love the fact its just to do it kind of thing,if you can say that you will probably nail this thing.

Out of me being curious is the neca figure the refference for the sculpt?It looks sweet and love the fact its just to do it kind of thing,if you can say that you will probably nail this thing.

Hi!

The neca figure is one of the references I'm using, but not really the main one. The pics of the sideshow bust are way more helpful, as well as some screenshots from the bluray and some behind-the-scenes pics that have appeared on the internet.

Hi!

The neca figure is one of the references I'm using, but not really the main one. The pics of the sideshow bust are way more helpful, as well as some screenshots from the bluray and some behind-the-scenes pics that have appeared on the internet.
I figured , it wasnt the best question but the neca predator there made me think that.I think it looks sweet ,i would love to see a custom head for hot toys figures to replace mine.The dreads being so short and the mouth so small is alittle lame.Im glad your keeping real!!

really lookin phenomenal buddy! great start, can't wait to see some progress.

we all know you can do a berzerker head now lets see the rest!! (J/K)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back