I'm definitely leaning towards the trapezoid option at this point.nice! excited to see how this plays out
Technically the Vader belt-hanger and the "found in an Elstree Studios dumpster" Graflex saber from production are the only sabers with bubble strips still around from filming. Vader's... they milled off the upper corner with a groove.... the Elstree saber, they did what I did and made a trapezoid shape by just sanding off the corners.
There are lots of ways to fit an exactra lens in there like sanding the whole thing thinner, but taking the corners off leave the bubbles flush with the clamp face!
Yeah I wasn't sure if it was DIY or not. Just weird that the fragment appears to be OEM but the fix is very clean and what would cause it to break that way lol?Oh my gosh thats a weird one - looks to be a DIY repair by the photographer
Otis boards are very close, the real board hasnt been IDed yet so there may be others out there that are more accurate
And i would smear some renissance wax on that rust just to be safe, or caranuba wax of somekind as a second choice. Shouldnt continue if you keep it dry and generally free from oils ir acids lol
I may just stick it out and look for a donor piece.The originals have a piece of springy steel that hugs the ears, shouldn't be too hard to make one! The spring is a clever fix but finding that part of a bunny ear assembly on its own may be a bit tough. For a while Graflex slave units were common and inexpensive but I haven't seen them for a while
No worries. A solid learning experience still. I'll make mistakes and I'm fine with that. I should've just sourced the calculator myself and done it that way instead of cutting corners trying to find an 'easier' solution.oh damn, too bad. sorry about that. I took my screws from an exactra 31 for my saber too, it worked perfectly