My Batman comic costume

Master Dahark

I had this suit since Halloween 2009 and I gave it a complete overhaul (mostly because of the cowl. It was ****)
As Halloween is fast approaching, I threw on the Bat tights to see if I was still in 'passable shape' and to see how my NEW cowl looks. What do you think??

I sure wish I had one of those 'spide4fun' suits.... but for now I'll just have to use my own bod-- and good lighting, lol!

232323232%7Ffp%3B39%3Enu%3D3246%3E9%3C3%3E%3A8%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3537%3C69963325nu0mrj

And here's my latex/ fabric cowl. COMPLETE neck movement!

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3C7%3Enu%3D3246%3E9%3C3%3E%3A8%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3537%3C69966325nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3C6%3Enu%3D3246%3E9%3C3%3E%3A8%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3537%3C69965325nu0mrj

Last edited:
Re: Batman comic costume WIP

Well, if it helps any, I looked at the pictures before reading what you've written and wondered if you were using muscle padding.

I like the way the cowl connects to the cape. I personally, have not been a fan of any of the white out eyes I've seen... but that's sort of personally opinion. It is closer to the comics, to be sure.

Did you make the costume yourself in the first place, or?

I did! All except for the gray suit- which was store bought (I did add the bat-- I just can't sew, lol)

I personally, have not been a fan of any of the white out eyes I've seen... but that's sort of personally opinion. It is closer to the comics, to be sure.

Yeah, when I go out I may end up doing the black makeup-- I was just figuring that eventually I might want to take the mask off, and I didn't want to look like a raccoon, you know?

Awesome suit man, what fabric did you use for the eyes?

No joke- I took a roll of screen (yeah like the kind on a screen door) I had around the house and cut a rectangle out- and spraypainted it white! I can see fine and nobody can see my eyes! And it's not attached permanently-- I can take it out of the mask anytime I want (in case I decide to do the eye makeup instead)

The eye mesh looks great. One thing I was thinking was, what if you put some black material over the mesh and cut out eye holes, making the white area appear smaller? Basically, the same thing you do with make up, covering up skin, but this time you cover up some of the white.
I did a quick photoshop of that:
comiccowl.jpg

The eye mesh looks great. One thing I was thinking was, what if you put some black material over the mesh and cut out eye holes, making the white area appear smaller? Basically, the same thing you do with make up, covering up skin, but this time you cover up some of the white.
I did a quick photoshop of that:
comiccowl.jpg

I really like this idea.

So I fixed the eyes like you suggested! Not *exactly* like in the photoshopped pic, but close-- HELL of an improvement!
Pics coming soon!

Re: Batman comic costume COMPLETE

I've been doing a little maintenance on the Batman cowl I wore for Halloween last year--
I've always wanted one like in the comic, like pictured here:

DSC_0275.jpg

See how it does that? I could never figure out how to do that with a fabric cowl- the material would flap around. But with a fabric and latex cowl....

Took the one I wore and ripped the balaclava out of it (I have another one ready to go) Here's where I'm at so far:

DSC_0277.jpg

Best of both worlds- it'll look how I want, and I'll be able to turn my head! Considering upgrading the bodysuit as well

Re: My Batman comic costume (Total overhaul!!)

Little teaser for ya- it's a WIP so try to imagine the big picture
My girlfriend went out for the evening so I decided to try on my suit :lol If she only knew my double identity!!!

Going for more of a 'New 52'/ 'Earth One' look this time around.

41606_223332425855_7032737_n.jpg

I will have a black balaclava under my mask (just hasn't arrived yet) so you won't actually be seeing my earlobes sticking out of the bottom, lol.

balaclava_hat.jpg

I do have gloves and boots already but this was just a test run (to see if the gym was paying off :p )
Still need to put a bat on my chest somehow- haven't decided how yet....

The belt is my favorite part now! It's the same tan one I used above but I dyed it. It looks black in the photo but it's actually more of a dark and dingy look-- like it had been used for years, which is what I was going for

DSC_0343.jpg

This suit will go well with my WIP Grappling Hook: http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-w-i-p-comic-style-batman-159375/

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back