My Batman Begins Suit

bane2585

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is my begins suit, not 100% accurate but a pretty darn good looking suit in my opinion. Just waiting on the gloves and the cape clips, but couldn't wait to get it up and show it off.

Thanks Guys,
The armor is from Ron Stilwell, the boots are the Gotham Boot available at most retail costume or superhero collectable shops. The undersuit is a standard fullbody neoprene suit and it was all mounted with locktite and hand buffed with acetone to get a matte finish. I have gloves on the way from a member on here (powergyser)...altogether its a nice piece for my collection room, I have seen much more accurate suits out there but I am really happy with this one and has wowed everyone that has seen it so far (either photos or in person)....

Im working on making clipable cape clips for easy removal of the cape

Update on my begins suit. I got the cape clips on and detachable and just got the gloves in. The suit, I think, is pretty much done. Used large black metal garment clips from walmart, sewed the cape on one end and glued the other to the suit, and now have attachable cape clips.

Very Nice,

I have the same mannequin for my panther suit display, you should get a Bale life cast, I chopped the head off on mine and put a Val Kilmer life cast, BTW the arms are adjustable and you can make them a little shorter.

GFollano

Last edited:
Thanks,
I am getting a Bale lifecast insert that fits on the mannequins face. I am working on a UD replicas with mods that will have the insert too. Thanks for the heads up about the arms, now that you say that Batman does look a little disproportionate.

Thanks,
I am getting a Bale lifecast insert that fits on the mannequins face. I am working on a UD replicas with mods that will have the insert too. Thanks for the heads up about the arms, now that you say that Batman does look a little disproportionate.

if it's a thin hollow face it will probably work, if not I'm quite sure you either need to cut out the whole face section of your mannequin and fit Bales face or completely cut the head off put Bales face into cowl stuff it with foam, thats what I had to do to my Panther suit with my Kilmer foam filled latex face.

GFollano

It is a thin hallow face that is meant to cover an existing mannequin head. So there's no need to decapitate my bearded batman. Well see how it turns out.

Hey great build! Im also doing a Begins Costume at the moment. Im curious about your glueing method. You mentioned Loctite? What exactly have you used to get the armor parts stick to the Boidysuit?

Regards Lars

Hey great build! Im also doing a Begins Costume at the moment. Im curious about your glueing method. You mentioned Loctite? What exactly have you used to get the armor parts stick to the Boidysuit?

Regards Lars

Thanks, It all depends on the armor and undersuit material. I was told to only use the gel loctite professional grade superglue. I think it can in a 40ml tube. That worked great for the urethane on cotton/spandex undersuit. It will work great on a dive suit as well. I tried other adhesives with pieces of the same material and didn't get a favorable result. So I would say stick with the gel loctite superglue.

Also, When I glued my suit, I knew i didnt want to wear it but only display it. So I bulked up the mannequin to fit the armor exactly with no folds in the urethane. It makes glueing so much easier. When you do glue, glue small sections and if you are glueing on a mannequin, then pull the undersuit off the mannequin after the armor is secure (so it wont glue to the mannequin). The other thing that helped me was to start from the neck and work my way down to the cod piece, then glue the shoulders and work to the back. Once the neck is attached, it is much easier to handle the rest of the armor. Finally use some white chaulk and outline the armor on the undersuit, that was a big help as well....

Hope thats helps, it did with my build..

Thanks a lot. Thats a great info. I will keep my eyes open for this Loctite Gel Superglue. If yo say it sticks well to neoprene suits as well, I´ll try.

Regards Lars

great setup - may I ask for more details on which mannequin you used for this display? I've been looking for one myself.

I got it from Roxy Display inc. but made some modifications to the arms inorder for they to sit further apart. I took 2, 4" 2x4 pieces and screwed a "T" bracket on one end and perforated metal strapping on the other end on each. I bent the stem of the "T" to fit in the shoulder mount of the body and buckled the strapping to allow the arm hardware to slide in. I will post some picks when I get a chance, but hope this helps.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back