My Back to the Future collection [Real Guess jacket P48]

Funny - I did mine more or less the same way you did yours (got the label from the paper props section and did not forget to paint it silver but my knobs were not at all taken from an original dry cell battery :D )
Good work Emma

Here's how mine looks (not 100% accurate but I was happy with it...)

pic1.jpg

Funny - I did mine more or less the same way you did yours (got the label from the paper props section and did not forget to paint it silver but my knobs were not at all taken from an original dry cell battery :D )
Good work Emma

Here's how mine looks (not 100% accurate but I was happy with it...)

View attachment 656495

Yeah, I have seen it, I was looking for a few old threads when I was making mine :p Yours looks great too! And yes, I had that file too from the forum; but I wanted the graphic to be sharper x)

@EmmaInCandyland have you ever found a vintage box of Sophie Mae peanut brittle? Not sure if I've seen one in your collection. Also not sure if was recreated for production or an actual off the shelf item.

View attachment 736853

i actually worked on the box. They did exist but never found one for sale xD. I haven't finished my file. It's a bit hard to find a good quality for the front picture!

I knew you you'd be a good source of info! I'm 99.99% of the boxes got trashed when people were done with them.

Yes I doubt anybody got any of these boxes left! And even if they were to find one, they probably wouldn't have the idea to put it up on eBay haha... the reason why I had started making the file, I might get back on it at some point!

If I end up coming across them again anytime soon I could. Most of my BTTF collection is all packed away. I might have a pic of it up close but it'll prob be low res since it was taken long ago.

If I end up coming across them again anytime soon I could. Most of my BTTF collection is all packed away. I might have a pic of it up close but it'll prob be low res since it was taken long ago.

What I would need is:

- photographs of all 6 sides of the box (low-res is okay as long as I can clearly read all words)
- hi-res scan (300 dpi or better) of the brittle photograph on the main side
- exact dimensions of the box (height, width, depth)

I remember seeing the exact same boxes (or very similar) here in the US as late as the '80s. The nuns at my Catholic school "asked" us to sell them for school fund raisers, so I remember them well. When my brother and I saw BTTF we recognized the box and were laughing. My house was swimming in those boxes. They might be more common than we think. However, I'm sure most people threw out the boxes after eating the peanut brittle.

It's also possible that our school principal had "vintage" peanut brittle on hand for her students to sell.

i actually worked on the box. They did exist but never found one for sale xD. I haven't finished my file. It's a bit hard to find a good quality for the front picture!

OK sorry to hijack your thread Emma!

haha, no, not at all, I actually have this picture on my laptop, looks that they had ordered a lot of these haha!

This was my try on it, it's just the picture really that isn't easy to find in a decent quality:

250906953_596897948128166_1365611664227201943_n.png

I'll take the occasion to show off some of the things I "newly" acquired.

I have also found the Diet Slice as seen in the behind the scene pictures from Marty's bedroom :p Not seen on screen, but thought it was a fun addition:

DSC_0309.jpg

The guitar maker also finished to work on my headstock of my epiphone ES345. Cost me LESS than the third of what a gibson is actually worth, including the bigsby I added ;)Only is the pickguard left to install, hoping it will be done this week or so:

IMG_0046.JPG
DSC_0270.jpg
DSC_0276.jpg

I also managed to find an original Doctor Song strap (well it's been a while I actually got it but I wanted to have the 3 guitars reunited :p)

DSC_0293.jpg

This is a picture of my current display, I had to move from my other flat due to a break up, so that's why my collection hasn't grown very much lately, as it's been complicated money wise! But it's starting to stabilise, more or less...

DSC_0326.jpg

I also had the chance to meet Tom Wilson this year, I'll post pictures of him later this month, but I had dressed up as Linda and Marty from 1955. We tried to reproduce the fading picture with a couple of friends, that was quite fun haha!

IMG_20170801_0001.jpg
IMG_20170801_0003.jpg

IMG_20170801_0002.jpg

Last edited:
Your collection has grown so epic. You inspired me to get all of George McFly's vintage books. It would be cool if one day the cabinets were painted the same green as the shop window frames from BTTF 2.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back