My Axertor based suit

jaded

I was able to finish my Axertor based pred for Gen-Con this year! My suit veered a little from the original design, but I think it turned out ok. The only thing I do not like, is that the armor looks way brighter than it is....It all fit well and did not give me any problems at all. The suit itself did great too, no malfunctions at all! It was a great first run, but I think that the armor will get remade to resemble Wolf's or AVP, but I was able to walk away with the Staff Favorite medal and a Hall Costume Contest ribbon! I really wish I could get some more preds in Indy for this, there are literally hundreds if not at least a thousand costumes at Gen Con, and having a few more preds there would be impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you had fun at Gen Con---great suit. Too bad there wasn't more preds there from this place. Perhaps each con in each location should have a con leader like PDisc in San Diego (SDCC) or Paint Ninja in Atlanta (Dragon Con)---setting things up for people who want to go. There's a ton of conventions happening this year HERE

I envsioned the banner being sent from place to place. I think the only way we can get more convention exposure is to have that kind of "system."

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the positive comments, I am hoping that next year my brother will have his suit finished and I have introduced our little hobby to someone from GenCon, and it looks as if he will be planning on joining me. I will be sure to spread the word for next year.

*I made the spear in 20 mins, before I left for the Con!!

Well splendid work under pressure then!
Ruffkintoy and I have been talking about the poteniallity
of gathering at Gen-Con in the future. I second Carlart's
nomination of you as Gen-Con Captain though!
"Go forth and coordinate the hunt, brother of the blade"

There was about a thousand costumers at Gen-Con this year??? I went to Gen-Con Indy once about 5 years ago and there was about 50 costumers total.

fa away it looks like crap but when u get closer u go WOW

I'm not sure we have met, by the number of posts you have, it appears as if your a noob, a beginner. Judging by your comment, it leads me to believe 1 of 2 things: either you haven't read the rules, or you are just plain rude and inconsiderate. My suit is by no means the best, but I worked hard on it and am I proud of it. I have went to Gen-Con two years in a row and have won 1st Place and Judges Favorite with my "crappy" suit. I do not need you or anybody telling me it looks like "crap" wether it be from afar or up close. I like constructive criticism, but that was not constructive to me in anyway. If you have nothing nice to say about my suit or anybody else (suit) that is a member here, then don't say anything at all.

I'm not sure we have met, by the number of posts you have, it appears as if your a noob, a beginner. Judging by your comment, it leads me to believe 1 of 2 things: either you haven't read the rules, or you are just plain rude and inconsiderate. My suit is by no means the best, but I worked hard on it and am I proud of it. I have went to Gen-Con two years in a row and have won 1st Place and Judges Favorite with my "crappy" suit. I do not need you or anybody telling me it looks like "crap" wether it be from afar or up close. I like constructive criticism, but that was not constructive to me in anyway. If you have nothing nice to say about my suit or anybody else (suit) that is a member here, then don't say anything at all.
no,no,no,no,no i mean with all the straps on the chest it looks like there is no detail when u look at it far away(like looking at the thumbnail)
but when you get closer it looks like one of the best suits on the lair
sorry if i offended u

It's fine, it just really sounded as if you were "slamming" my suit. No harm, no foul, no hard feelings at all. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back