My attempt at "The Crow" (WIP)

d_jedi1

Sr Member
The Crow is kind of a classic film now. The problems in the production, the death of the lead while filming, the generally dark tone.
Perhaps these elements augment my memory and perception of the film but whatever it is... I like it.
Anyway, I had this spare head from a truetype narrow... I had liberated the hair for another figure so I had to "make" new hair.
P1120539.jpg

P1120536.jpg

P1120535.jpg

I like the overall thinness of the SS S2 body so I used that.
I got a shirt for him that looked black but turned out to be dark blue in person.
I dyed it but it only turned a bit darker.. it's close to black but not quite black. (this shot is on a sideshoe prometheus.. an early WIP shot)
P1120550.jpg

tossed on a jacket to test the look
P1120556.jpg

P1120560.jpg

Anyway, I used two "overcoats" from the BBI Tyr Anasazi figure to make the trenchcoat and hand sewed the pants.
I modified some German boots.
P1120569.jpg

P1120573.jpg

P1120572.jpg

I still have a number of changes to make more tape to add and I have to make the ring/necklace.
P1120575.jpg

P1120576.jpg

I made the mossberg and the necklace for the ring.. I need to take some pics.
I decided to make myself a guitar however.
Someone on sideshowcollectors was also working on a Crow figure and this link was provided for them.
G-Collection 1/6 Scale Fender Guitar - Stratocaster [rungcstrato] - $36.00 : Hobbygen.com, Your online source for quality hobby products and Japanese toys with great value.
I have the needed stuff to MAKE one so I decided to go that route instead of spending more on a guitar than I have on the whole figure.
P1120610.jpg

P1120611.jpg

P1120612.jpg

Getting closer...
P1120613.jpg

P1120614.jpg

P1120615.jpg

I haven't told him yet, but the second one will be a gift for my father.
He was in a band in his younger years and I'll be building a functional amp (with built-in MP3 player) to attach to the guitar.

Yeah, I was looking at those at Wal*Mart the other night but decided that I'd rather make one.
edit.. got some more done to it.
all it needs now is a whammy bar and a strap.
before paint
P1120616.jpg

after my crappy paint job
P1120617.jpg

P1120618.jpg

P1120619.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back