My attempt at airbrushing my undermask

Pastry

Hey guys,

Spent today airbrushing my undermask and painting a pattern on it that is similar to one I saw on a spider. Just wondering what everyone thinks so far. Am not done yet, just got frustrated with the airbrush so decided to take a break.

What do you think of the pattern and the colour scheme? My predator skin is going to be a luminous white (hopefully, permawet should help with that) with grey and dark grey shading, and black/dark grey spots (goth pred ftw). I'm thinking maybe the undermask could use some more detail, but am not sure what exactly. So any thoughts would be very helpful. And this is the first time I've used an airbrush for anything other than a flat undercoat (though the black markings were done by hand with a brush).

Also, you can kinda see the green in the second pic, but I think I need to touch it up and make it a bit more obvious and add some darker patches.

Thanks everyone!

undermask-with-spider-pattern.jpg

acidy-bit.jpg

I think that looks great!!

I like the tribal/spider markings, they work well with the colour scheme you have picked. Good idea to take a rest if you are getting annoyed.

Aww thanks, glad you like it ^_^

And hehe yeah, it just kept getting clogged, I think I was just tired and temporarily lost the knack of getting the right mix, so all good.

Really cool concept you've got there Pastry, the tribal marking on the head looks like a really cool tattoo. I've got the making of AVPR book and it's got some cool tattoo designs for Wolf that was suggested. I always thought it would be a cool concept to have a tattoo like symbol on a predator. They're not like yours, they're on his face but yours on the head looks even better. Look forward to updates on this. o_O

Aww thanks everyone ^_^

And yeah it is a Usurper half mask I got second hand.

Anyways, here is what I worked on today. It's not much different, I just touched up the acidy bits as best I could, and I shaded around the jaw and made the back of the head darker. Will probably just permawet it now. Should I permawet then add dreads, or can I add the dreads first - I guess I'm asking do I need to permawet the area on the back where the dreads go in, around the holes (I know not to do in them).

Thanks again everyone, all the encouragement really motivates me to keep going.
second-attempt.jpg

Thats an "attempt"????? HOly **** dude, I LOVE that!!! AMazing work! Thats just 1 day?

Aww thanks ^_^

And no it wasn't just one day. I originally had a traditional pattern, with orange, white and grey colouring. Didn't like that, so intended to start from scratch and airbrush the whole thing white. However the spray coming out of the airbrush was so fine it ended up doing all the work shading for me around the edges of the head on those pointy bits, so I left it that way. So yeah I did that and all the tattoo markings, and the green bits in one day, but the undercoat that helped with the shading and stuff was done a few months ago.

I'm liking the color scheme. The idea of tribal tattoo markings like that sort of reminds me of Predator 2, as well as a tattoo that one of the Predators had in the comic "Predator: Bad Blood".

It's almost a shame that something so unique is going to be covered with a biohelmet, but it's your mask and I'm not going to tell you what to do with it.

It's almost a shame that something so unique is going to be covered with a biohelmet, but it's your mask and I'm not going to tell you what to do with it.

Lol yeah that occurred to me too. Originally I just wanted something easy to breathe in, but now I really wish I'd bought a full mask. I considered the possibility of adding the face back in, but not sure that's possible, so I can always just do something similar next time when I do get a full mask, as we all know there will always be a next time with pred costumes.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back