My attempt at a Jubal Early pistol

RATCHET

As the title states, this is my attempt at building a Jubal Early pistol from the episode of Firefly Objects in space. I have had the Pachmayr grip, brass tube, brass rods and allen screws laying around for about 4 years now and finally decided to attempt to build this pistol. Besides the mentioned materials, I built this out of layered Sinatra board, body filler, spot glaze putty, sandable primer and Rustoleum bright finish metallic chrome spray paint. I was lucky enough to have saved a few images from fireflyprops.net of some dimensions and reference images and I'm sure glad I did! I know I did not get a few of the dimensions right such as the rear above the cocking mechanism and the left rear greeblie where it turns down towards the trigger and I ended up with more orange peel than I would have liked but, I am actually quite proud of it and cant wait to display it with my other creations.
20201227_203346.jpg
20201227_203400_HDR.jpg
20201227_203423.jpg
20201227_203454.jpg
20201227_203716.jpg

Wow! That looks great. are there in progress/build photos? I would love to see it in progress. The finish looks great in the photos.

Thank you very much! And yes, it is actually. I found some measurements online somewhere of the snub nose revolver and then found the reference images at fireflyprops.net and then built it using a bunch of junk I had in my scrap box minus the audio jack pieces I bought from ebay.
20181015_140547(1).jpg
20181016_123112.jpg
20181016_164515.jpg
20181013_074512.jpg
20181013_074622.jpg

River's revolver was also used in the TV series "Earth 2" as some kind of energy weapon. For some reason, it reminds me of a Webley.

I've read that Sintra is soft and deforms easy. Did you find that to be true?

You do very good work.

David.

River's revolver was also used in the TV series "Earth 2" as some kind of energy weapon. For some reason, it reminds me of a Webley.

I've read that Sintra is soft and deforms easy. Did you find that to be true?

You do very good work.

David.
It actually is a webley snub nose revolver. As for sintra, it forms easily with heat but it is a great material in my opinion to work with. And thank you! I really appreciate that!

If you are interested, I have these measurements from a cast-from-screen used piece.

Jbal%20Early_zpstci1dgdx.jpg

Excellent work, but the pistol looks a little "Squashed".

Jbal%20Early%20001_zpsalliuedc.jpg

Maybe that is just the pic itself, but either way, keep up the good work.

Well, it looks like I will need to make another one. My dimensions are all over the place. Mine turns out to be wider and longer . I came close on a few measurements but some are just way off. Thank you very much for those measurements!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back