My Armor, Started With Gauntlet

made007

Sr Member
Started with pepakura, its a halo reach gauntlet, hopefully will modify it to be a predator one, i like it because im skinny and with this one my wrist looks bulky, wich is what i want, ( dont want to be a skinny predator):

Blades:

IMG_1186.jpg

gauntlet:

IMG_1189-1.jpg

testing;

IMG_1191-1.jpg

added some body filler(some say bondo, but thats a brand, i used evercoat brand)

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

primered, used plastikote that my brother gave me for free, but you can use automotive primer it dries faster:
IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

299153_2370743556572_1490003361_32677956_124125731_n.jpg

299713_2370688075185_1490003361_32677902_1453063220_n.jpg

thanks to movieman for the pep files, and the gauntlet i found searching in 4shared.com

Looking good, i'm going to make my own gauntlets aswell i think, been looking around for prop makers, but i guess i would learn more if i would make them myself.
Saw a tutorial where a guy took an empty plastic bottle and used foamies, can't remember the name, maybe an idea for me to try, but your Halo gauntlet surely will work for a predator suit, no doubt.

Looking good, i'm going to make my own gauntlets aswell i think, been looking around for prop makers, but i guess i would learn more if i would make them myself.
Saw a tutorial where a guy took an empty plastic bottle and used foamies, can't remember the name, maybe an idea for me to try, but your Halo gauntlet surely will work for a predator suit, no doubt.

i saw a tutorial like the one you mentioned, i think it was on youtube, im gonna add foamies with the avp theme on them and im gonna do something with bones too, stay tuned, and thanks for the comment

working on the blades case, made out of card stock:
IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

found this on ebay, a bicycle light, with functions:
IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

it will help me to bring some life to the computer gauntlet:
heres a video:
th_MVI_1220.jpg

Solid use of the bicycle light brother. Per the gaunt, another great idea for a base. Though, if it were me, I would have kept the scratches in the BONDO coat (HA! See what I did there? Eh, **** off...) to make painting a little easier. Black wash would have filled right in...

I though of that but i wabted a smooth finish at the moment i will add weathering and foaming later, thanks for the sugestion

thanks for the kind comments, as a 1st timer, i feel a little scared of how its gonna turn, but im having fun building, thats what matters :)

small update:
this helped me to get the tiny circles done:
IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

Heres what i have so far, it stills need morefoamies :)

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

Heres one blade almost finished, just need a li'l bit of fine sanding and the other one needs a lot of sanding
IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

i hope it looks good when painted, take care :)

Its really takin shape :)

im not an animatronic expert , so im gonna go oldschool, using 2 push buttons, but..you cant press them at the same time, later on i will add another switch to cut out the power, dont want a short by accident, on to the pics:

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

the plans

gauntletplan.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back