My ANH Luke Skywalker Costume

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

SmallsTimelord

The first step in my journey to an accurate ANH Luke Skywalker costume, the lightsaber! I recently purchased a Graflex flash handle (not Folmer but good enough for me) for $500 dollars. It arrived today. I put in some d-cell batteries and the little indicator light works! Next step is to get a conversion kit.

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1405.jpg
    IMG_1405.jpg
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 88

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

SmallsTimelord

Does anyone have a good method for attaching the D-ring and clip without damage to the bottom of the flash handle but to maintain enough strength to clip the saber onto a belt?

roygilsing

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have a good method for attaching the D-ring and clip without damage to the bottom of the flash handle but to maintain enough strength to clip the saber onto a belt?

Hi SmallsTimelord,

Congrats on the Graflex. If you attach the D-ring with a proper double sided tape, it should hold pretty good. You can cut off the rivet heads and glue them in / on the D-ring clip. My D-ring comes with the rivets. And I sell patches of very strong 3M double sided transparent tape.

Roy

SmallsTimelord

Thanks! I wasn't sure whether the tape would be strong enough for that, having not used it myself before, but good to know. Would there be enough left over from one square after adhering the grips for the ANH lightsaber or would I need a second one?

SmallsTimelord

Over the past couple weeks I have got the materials for the basic belt and put them together. I cut the leather, poked holes, tried putting the snaps in (I'll probably have to glue them in), and weathered the buckle. I also got a Swiss army ammo pouch that I have put on. Pictures to follow.

SmallsTimelord

To anyone who has heard from me about possibly buying items in the near future I'm going to probably put that off till next year because I have to save up for a new guitar (I know it sounds frivolous but there's reasons). If anyone approaches you guys about buying something that I looked into getting feel free to sell it.