My ANH Kenobi-inspired custom saber and recent upgrades:)

Rodann

Sr Member
Hey all:) I know I haven't posted here much, and with recent events, I sort of backed off a little. I built this saber last year and shared it, but I made some major upgrades because it was lacking in the realism department.:lol

Major additions......longer BRONZE main grip, bronze neck and "gear" detail, fire blackened emitter and bronze pieces, metal power conduit details in the neck, more realistic button.

It weighs a lot more. And I actually think I like the weathered aluminum grip better..... I'm still not sure.

Original custom:

Next to my ObWan ANH, and compared to the original grip. The two sabers are about the same length. Though it looks longer in some pics.

Last edited:
Thank you! I tried. The pommel is always the hardest part- I'm fine until I get there.:lol How do you END the frickin thing?? I ended up making it out of two pieces. Staying true to Ben's was my main goal, keeping the feel of it but not making it too outlandish.

Superb!!!!!

THAT's what sabers should look like! Not the PT machined look.

Rich

:lol Thanks. I used to be obsessed with prequel sabers, but I've come back from the dark side. They're still cool as "pieces of art", but the first two pretty much defined what they should be.

:lol as you'd already know a jedi's commitment doesn't allow being married ... however unless you want to follow in Anakin's footsteps towards the dark side of the force ... I'd say one year in marriage should suffice. :D Henceforth you shall be known as . . . Darth Rodann :lol

-Chaim

Thank you:)

I think of this saber as being something that was maybe older, or from the same era as Obi's, originally.

Over time the whole emitter and neck from another saber were probably put on a damaged saber body and the shroud was added to cover the awkward "frankenstein" grip area. It was rigged with different wiring, and things got moved around. It may have even been configured more like Obi's, but got changed so much due to the Clone Wars, that it became a hodgepodge of old busted parts. But never really "cleaned up".;)

In some ways, like The Black Hole's "Bob" was, in relation to "VINCENT".

Last edited:
I finally finished the second emitter- it holds a blade.:) Had to wait til the acrylic got here, so I could measure it and make it fit perfectly. Seeing as how it would only be holding onto about 30mm of a 3 foot rod.

It's tough, making an Obi-style windvane emitter that holds a blade!:lol

Sexy Saber!

Honestly I love this thread because you came up with something custom, creative and unique that actually ooks like something made in or around the Original Trilogy. It had an aura if industrial-ness to it, and the parts they fit together...not sure how to describe it just work. You cobbled together different elements but didn't go overboard, I love it!

Thank you!:) That's exactly what I was going for. I was afraid the "wire conduit" detail would be too much.

I always tended to go overboard, when I was doing customs. So that means a lot. (A couple of mine can be seen on Luukesabers -Rodann and Darth Nemesis).

This one is a bit overboard/prequel inspired, for example:

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back