"My" and Uratz's "new" computer gauntlet

tyvern

Hi guys so I asked Uratz a few days ago if he would let me modify his dragon hunter computer wrist gauntlet and he said yes and for me to make a WIP thread and send a copy to him when I'm done.

so this IS the thread he wanted/ i was going to make, so it being a WIP it's gotta have an picture of concept right well here are the pics!
comgauntlettop02.jpg.gif

comgauntlettop01.jpg.gif

comgauntlettopfullview.jpg.gif

comgauntletside.jpg.gif

I will be updating as I get progress done and materials bought so that everyone/ Uratz will be able to see the project

sorry I'm double posting/"bumping" but I have progress on the prototype of the gauntlet

Here it is. Yes it's cardboard BUT bare in mind it's only conceptual right now but regardless it's progress.
100_0320.jpg.gif

100_0319.jpg.gif

I can't really get my arm dimensions down and of course in that cardboard ''proto" my hand was hurting from my army being squeezed but nether the less I'm confident it will workout eventually.

You should make the whole thing bigger and longer - you know so its "Manly" This will also fit better with your latex skin/glove.
Better to have extra room that you can pad up than a tight fit.

I like the gauntlet design. Will you sculpt the gauntlet and mold it or foamy the whole thing?

I can't really get my arm dimensions down and of course in that cardboard ''proto" my hand was hurting from my army being squeezed but nether the less I'm confident it will workout eventually.
why don't you create a ring that's a little bigger than the circumference or your forearm and then the same for your wrist, put them on and space them where you want em and go from there, you'll get it buddy, you must keep going cause i really wanna see the concept pan out

Hey man you could do something like this below. I made duct tape dummy of my arm with a long sock over my arm and duct tape over it. Then remove fill it with foam and plaster bandage over it. Then I sculpt over these things. The plaster bandage form simulates the thickness of the latex skin which I will be wearing so I sculpt over this. If the gauntlet is resin then there's no worry about shrinkage.

armslegs.jpg

Thanks Uratz for the Idea I'll see if I can find/ buy plaster-a-paris, duct-tape, old sock of many many pairs of old socks, and etc.

@hellonearth: I'll try that idea as well

sorry I'm double posting guys but my mom and I's budget is extremely low this week so we won't be able to buy all the materials at the moment so it will be a few days before the final arm casting is done. As I said clay(especially Terracotta clay) is really cheap around here so it's not the clay for me.......it's the plaster, tape, and carboard.

i will have pictures showing you the sock(s) I will use and a rifle that I'm making that I might turn into a custom spear gun prop, and possibly ME!!! < :lol: o_O

The duct tape and plaster should be cheap and its a great way to save on tons of clay. But if u can only get clay you can mount it on a pipe and just build up to the size of your forearm and start sculpting!

Okay Progress on the shell that's going to be paper-mached, plastered, and sculpted.
100_0322.jpg.gif

100_0324.jpg.gif

100_0325.jpg.gif

this is not it's final size as when it's finished the arm holes will be open by a couple of centimeters....enough for a couple of small little-to-no-thickness-at-all pads that will make it fit comfortably but be non see-able.

Well I've had to make some design modifications so now it's down to a holo-emitter and regular bomb gaunt.
But the gauntlet shell will be somewhat resemble-ant of the original paint designs i posted in post one.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back