My (Almost) Complete Jack Sparrow Costume

noctisariel

Thought I'd share the current state of my Jack Sparrow costume with my fellow pirates! This thing has been years in the making and has given me a sort of satisfaction unlike anything else. I've poured blood, sweat, tears, (and rum), into this thing and have learned a lot of lessons throughout the journey.

It isn't perfect - but close to it, and I still have a few components I need to acquire in order to fully get it there: tricorn, sword, and compass.

This is certainly an obsession of mine, so I'm more than happy to talk shop with anyone who'd like to know more about the individual pieces or how I went about certain processes such as sewing or aging/weathering.

Cheers!
IMG_3807.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'd share the current state of my Jack Sparrow costume with my fellow pirates! This thing has been years in the making and has given me a sort of satisfaction unlike anything else. I've poured blood, sweat, tears, (and rum), into this thing and have learned a lot of lessons throughout the journey.

It isn't perfect - but close to it, and I still have a few components I need to acquire in order to fully get it there: tricorn, sword, and compass.

This is certainly an obsession of mine, so I'm more than happy to talk shop with anyone who'd like to know more about the individual pieces or how I went about certain processes such as sewing or aging/weathering.

Cheers!
View attachment 1379246
View attachment 1379248
View attachment 1379249
Looks great,my friend.Well done !

Looks great! Very nice work. Did you make the coat or did you have it made?
Thank you! The coat is by Yordreem Creations, but it's been modified to reflect some more screen accurate details. Very fortunate to have this as it's made out of the original, screen-used fabric that's no longer available.

G'day Capt! What a great set you have here. I spy some real great editions of pieces here. Which Skull ring are you using? I was using the Disneyland replica, but mine was commandeered by someone and those have gone out of print at this point. Also what is the lace around the wrist you use (from Giselle I believe)? Are those CAboots? Also curious about your Wig/Jacket (I see its Yordreem, one of the OG Jack providers, I don't think hes in the pirate business anymore either), since those tend to me a lot more custom. I think I still have one of the OG Maise wigs, but I think they are long gone by now and would love to know the next best around. Cheers!

Cheers!
View attachment 1379246
View attachment 1379248
View attachment 1379249
If you ever see this if you remember where did you get the fabric for the coat because I’ve having a very hard time finding it

If you ever see this if you remember where did you get the fabric for the coat because I’ve having a very hard time finding it
I was very fortunate to get the fabric over a decade ago when it was still available. My passion for Jack is still alive and well. A couple of years ago, I actually released my own replica of the original fabric - which sold out very quickly. I am going to be doing another run of it at some point this summer. If you aren't already a member, I recommend joining the two Jack Sparrow costuming groups over on Facebook, where I am very active (under the same name) and will be making a formal announcement as soon as it's ready.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back