My Aliens Colonial Marine Costume

Chevyh0tr0d

Sr Member
I have not really posted on this forum much, mainly on AL. But I figured since I finished my USCM costume it was time to start. Here are some pictures I took, to try and configure the armor. These were taken about 2 weeks ago after getting my armor from Spat. In these pictures I am growing a rather scruffy beard, this was easily fixed thanks to a few recent job interviews. Also I know in this picture my BDU top is not tucked in, I am thinking of keeping it this way as it seems to be easier to move around with my armor on and such. Last I know the Pistol belt was on upside down, this has since been fixed too.
Matsuo Did a fantastic paint job on my armor I think, I was going for a mix of a 50's "hot rod" paint job and Aliens/Vietnam style graffiti on my armor, I think he came very close to what I had in mind for my armor. Pictures below

DSC_1375.jpg

DSC_1379.jpg

DSC_1382.jpg

DSC_1380.jpg

DSC_1381.jpg

Last edited:
nice details. I especially love those swords

Thank you.I wanted them to represent both styles of me, both my Scot-Irish roots(Claymore) and my heavy study into the martial arts(Samurai sword). I think they also were a great spot to put them in, with how thin and tall and thin the leg armor is. I noticed after the fact I had them on reversed( The straps should be facing toward the outside of my legs)

You're just a grunt - No offense.
One suggestion: Rough up the armor a little bit. Give it that "worn-in" look.

Also, where did you get that pulse rifle???????????

One suggestion: Rough up the armor a little bit. Give it that "worn-in" look.

As far as that idea goes.I thought about it but decided not to as I was going more for a "fresh from the factory" look as I am a "fresh from boot camp" grunt.

Also, where did you get that pulse rifle???????????

Funny you should ask that, I got that HCG from Russ(Rook III) about 9 or 10 months ago.

As far as that idea goes.I thought about it but decided not to as I was going more for a "fresh from the factory" look as I am a "fresh from boot camp" grunt.

Your nickname should be Soap! An homage to the Modern Warfare game, which gives several nods to Aliens. Completes the circle somehow...

Your nickname should be Soap! An homage to the Modern Warfare game, which gives several nods to Aliens. Completes the circle somehow...

I actually choose "Rockabilly Kid" for my Service number AL forum 2ndary nickname as I listen to alot of Rockabilly music, and really am into that scene.As far as Chevyh0tr0d goes I have actually had this nickname since BF 1942 Desert combat. I was always talking about Chevrolet's in every gaming clan I was in. Then when in DC you could very easily take down a taken with a car and some C4 by jihading. I got to be very good at not only avoid everything being shot at me, but letting friends out of my cars to as much as a 90% survivability rate. I then somehow got called a "HotRoding B@$tard" by some other Desert combat clans online, so I simply just combined the two, and the name stuck.

Your idea is actually pretty good though, I also am aware of how much it gives homage to Aliens, played through the SP for COD4 and MW2 about 2 or 3 times.

Nice pulse rifle and motion scanner... looks great!

thanks rush. The PR is a HCG from Russ(Rook III). The MT is a built one from a guy on the AL forums in Austria(FIDO), took a little trouble to get it shipped to me. I was hoping to pick up a MR about 3 or 4 days after buying his, but he had already spent the cash. So I am stuck with this one, oh well still looks close enough for me to costume with.Maybe in a few years when I get some more spare cash, and one comes up for sale I can grab a MR MT then!

Great job!

Ross-
Those look like Man At Arms BDU's, custom printed and made. I have a set of them, really cool... BUT my pair tore a hole in the crotch the first time I wore them , so gotta patch them up.

- Jeff

Great job!
tore a hole in the crotch the first time I wore them , so gotta patch them up.

- Jeff

You must be packing some heat hahahhaha :lol

I always wanted colonial marine armor.....always wanted to paint it up to look like the hudson armor....love paxton

Great job!

Ross-
Those look like Man At Arms BDU's, custom printed and made.

- Jeff

Where did you get your BDU's?

To answer both questions. Yes they are Man at Arms BDU's. These were the set Nick a Tron(Might be on here too) from the AL was selling a few months back.They were Doc Vito's. I ordered a set from MAA around January. I was one of the 7 sets he was supposed to ship in April, but has yet to. I will keep waiting for them. Until then I will sport these ones of Doc's.

It's a great costume! I hope to have a full setup myself sometime in the future. Spats armor is nice but i feel its overpriced and the wait is just far far too long for a set of vacuformed armor..

It's a great costume! I hope to have a full setup myself sometime in the future. Spats armor is nice but i feel its overpriced and the wait is just far far too long for a set of vacuformed armor..

To be honest, he has really improved his wait time I mean it really only took him 4 months to finish my armor when at the time it showed on his sight it would take 10+. As far as the pricing going it is actually pretty cheap, and is ready to wear out of the box compared to say other sets out there. It also seems pretty durable and reliable. For the money I do not think you can go wrong. The simple fact that you can wear it out of the box is great too. I think this or pep are the only 2 ways to go about it for the cheapest full set of armor. I figure if you talked with Spat he could work out a payment plan for ordering a set of armor, at worst he is not and you could save up for it. I have to say though I am very happy with Spat's service. He answered all my emails even when I emailed him 3 or 4 times a day.

love the dice, PR and ace of spades paint job. Awesome work!

thanks like I said I was going for a mix of 50's rockabilly and Vietnam style paint job but with Aliens references. I think Matsuo came very close to what I had in mind.

Last edited:
The 4 leaf clover is very unique

Very nice armor

Thank you, again that represents my Irish heritage. It also goes with the theme of a mix of 50's and vietnam style paint job. Since a few of the pictures I saw of Vietnam vets having real 4 leaf clovers attached to their helmet. I thought what better way to pay homage to them and my Irish heritage by painting one on the helmet.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back