My 9th and 10th Sonic Screwdriver Collection

ravvenz

xZ5Mizqx

lfp4u1a4

NbPBitZL

I had the powder coat and ceramic sonics and wanted to get the colony cream to get a complete set of all colors he had made. Then I saw he had put out a few heritage gold types and had to get that. Then I had CT repaint my MFX and wanted another set to match that color. I also have OCD.

The custom paint jobs came out great, especially the color "Boot Polish Grey" used on the MFX.

Whoa! I suggest scaling the pictures down a bit lol but very impressive collection! I'm mega jealous!

I had uploaded the pictures with my phone last night so they were too big, I've resized them now so they won't crash your browser.

And now I have to hate you too...I thought I only had to hate GreatWazoo......

These pics make it obivious that I should have been quicker getting the ceramic Tenth Sonic.....DANGIT!!!

Anyway, that is an impressive collection.

You were my original inspiration Ectropy!

:$

Your collection is simply stunning!

All of mine are original paint, though I've been tempted to (ahem) take a crack at the original CT Eccleston at the left. However, I'm so happy with the crackle on CT's limited editions that I haven't made any effort yet.

From the start, all I really wanted was the Eccleston from this picture:
SS2005edit.jpg

And CT has come as close as I think we'll ever get:
L1000605.jpg

As for inspiration, I owe it to GreatWazoo! I remember reading his article for RacProps years ago and I was very tempted to have Parks make one for me, but I knew it would be too expensive for what I could afford then.

Over the last couple of years, I've been making up for lost time! :)

Last edited:
Geeze guys. This isn't even my thread and I've been mentioned a few times already. :$ I'm gonna start thinking I'm Matt Munson if this keeps up. :love :behave:lol

Those are all excellent sonic replicas and I love the multicolor design. As much as I like the new series sonics I'm still more of a classic sonic guy. Still...I do think I felt a slight pang of jealousy for a moment.

OK, I admit it, it wasn't so slight. Those are excellent pieces in amazing collections. Well done guys!

Ok let's derail this thread for a second to get the universe back in order....

Matt Munson, Matt Munson, Matt Munson......

Ok, his name is in this thread the appropriate amount of time now, so we won't blow a hole in the space/time continum the size of....Belgium.

No one mention the guy's whose name rhymes with atebaboon22 any more. He might destroy us all.

And back on track, I hate you too Entropy. I am adding you on my list.....

I'm so jealous. I got to the Doctor Who prop game too late and all the members who were selling sonics had stopped, been banned, or run out. I've tried contacting a number of them but no dice :-(

Quite impressive for sure! There was always a certain appeal to the "Tennant" style sonic. I don't know....I just feel that the "Matt Smith" sonic is a bit too bulky. Nowhere near as sleek as this!

Sonic screwdrivers should get smaller as the technology advances, just like most computers and mobile phones. Star Trek TNG really got this concept right with devices such as tricorders and PADDs evolving to be much smaller than the TOS versions.

The business end of Smith's sonic looks like a green binky with claws and the rest looks over designed. This flies in the face of Tennant's line from Doomsday:

Oh, yes. Harmless is just the word: that's why I like it! Doesn't kill, doesn't wound, doesn't maim. But I'll tell you what it does do: it is very good at opening doors!

With the claws opened and extended, it sure doesn't look harmless!

Advanced technology should be streamlined and simple, and the Eccleston/Tennant sonic embodies this idea. That said, as soon as a decent reasonable priced replica of Smith's shows up, I'll be buying one!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back