My 9 year old needed a nightlight.

DeVillanProd

She was in the midst of The Descendents so I simplified the castle (because of time constraints) and built her a "castle" nightlight...

The actual building they use in production is an office building at a college campus in western canada... castlesque? PSX_20201111_141352.jpg

PSX_20201111_142855.jpg

PSX_20201111_140533.jpg

It's completely made out of hot glue and foam since I wanted something quick and easy to make since it went from concept to gift in 7 days. It has about a half dozen layers of mod podge for "durability."

I wouldn't send it to a competition of any kind, but my 9 year old loves it so I'm proud of it. How many projects do we have like this? Our own critical eye sees nothing but every corner we cut while the benefactor of our efforts sees all the best parts?

I realize it is subjective and 2 more weeks can in fact yield a better reult sometimes and when it comes to paying clients: they need to make informed decisions; but gifts for loved ones?

Admittedly Im not familiar with the subject matter but this is cool! It's fantastic what can be achieved with dense foam and how much detail it holds. From memory Modge Podge is PVA?
Cheers,
Josh

Admittedly Im not familiar with the subject matter but this is cool! It's fantastic what can be achieved with dense foam and how much detail it holds. From memory Modge Podge is PVA?
Cheers,
Josh
Yes. It is a PVA with a bit of a resin? that allows to to be far more water resistant than standard white glue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back