My 50 cent second hand store find.

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
I have been getting back into a lot of the TOS stuff since that is where it all started for me. I found this wee bottle. I had no idea they were this size. Couldn't pass it up for the price. It was missing its cork stopper with wood top so I bought a new cork and a wood dowel at my local Ace Hardware and made a new one. It was a fun little afternoon project. This smaller one didn't come with the vertical strap. The watch is for size reference.

bottle1.jpg

That is the short version, not used in the show. Sorry.

The full size one was used in the show and that vertical strap was added to cover the words on the bottle.

Nice work on that one.

What color paint did you use?

From the various pictures I saw the TOS bottle looked basically red so that's what I used.

That is the short version, not used in the show. Sorry.

Yes, I am aware of that. It's just about hotel mini-bar sized at almost 6 inches tall. That is why I have the wrist watch in the picture(my roundabout way of saying it's undersized) to help give an idea of the size difference from the bottle in the inset picture.

Point of the thread being is that it was a fun find for enjoyable little project.

Totally fun! I found two of the giant bottles at an antique / junk show last year. Of course, I have yet to do ANYTHING with them.

The stopper you made looks perfect.

I have one that was given to me some time back. It still has booze in it and no, I haven't tasted it.

Great find.

I just grabbed a full-sized one off e-bay for $1.04. And, the seller is local, so I get to save shipping costs and he won't have to pay the PayPal fees. It's good all around.

From the various pictures I saw the TOS bottle looked basically red so that's what I used.

Yes, I am aware of that. It's just about hotel mini-bar sized at almost 6 inches tall. That is why I have the wrist watch in the picture(my roundabout way of saying it's undersized) to help give an idea of the size difference from the bottle in the inset picture.

Point of the thread being is that it was a fun find for enjoyable little project.

I like it and think its cool, irrespective of size.

Nice find OP.

The labels come off pretty easily. The cords that attach to tops will need to be replaced. Both corks need to be replaced but fortunately Ace Hardware has a pretty good selection. Need to restich the handle a bit on the larger one. The leather on both needs some Tandy Hide Rejuvenator but then they are both somewhere around 40 years old.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back