An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Going to start this one next. These are the best two images I've found (both via random OneDrives so if they're yours and you want them down or credit, please let me know). If you have better you'd like to contribute, feel free. :)
Rear Starboard Top Pit copy.jpg

Okay little off topic, but as I was going through the kits this morning I came across this piece on the Bandai Mobelwagen. Did anyone ever try this for the Falcon/Y-wing Kettenkrad piece? I read through the Reddish jammer thread and saw how one could be made. I don't have the kits so I can't check the size, it would be cool if it fit.
1653658268414.png
1653658311964.png

Okay little off topic, but as I was going through the kits this morning I came across this piece on the Bandai Mobelwagen. Did anyone ever try this for the Falcon/Y-wing Kettenkrad piece? I read through the Reddish jammer thread and saw how one could be made. I don't have the kits so I can't check the size, it would be cool if it fit.
View attachment 1579818 View attachment 1579819
You looking at #C29?

THAT'S an interesting speculation -- I'm looking now, and it looks to my eye like it might be "too small" and/or "too close together" for the two bumps, but I'll take it off the sprue and compare it against the real thing tonight. LOVE that this mystery is still tantalizing enough to try and solve. And if you are right, it's great detective work!

You looking at #C29?

THAT'S an interesting speculation -- I'm looking now, and it looks to my eye like it might be "too small" and/or "too close together" for the two bumps, but I'll take it off the sprue and compare it against the real thing tonight. LOVE that this mystery is still tantalizing enough to try and solve. And if you are right, it's great detective work!
Yeah. I was just scanning for something else. I just find the way described in the Reddish Jammer thread to seem like a lot of work for such a small thing considering the amount of work ILM had to do.

My fear was at 1:48 it was too small, but again I don't have those two kits....yet. :)

Yeah. I was just scanning for something else. I just find the way described in the Reddish Jammer thread to seem like a lot of work for such a small thing considering the amount of work ILM had to do.

My fear was at 1:48 it was too small, but again I don't have those two kits....yet. :)
I like your reasoning, and think you're likely right -- so if it fits, I'll be delighted to call this mystery solved.

I’ve added to my drive a folder called gun platforms for 3D printing. In it are the stl files for the gun platforms based on the picture below. They will require a 2mm styrene top to make them .75”. If this needs fixed, please let me know.
048B1CE4-AE96-48D8-8580-5B9D347028A0.jpeg

Is this the right part for the pit?

Attachments

• B8021B56-57DF-4F9A-B435-DB35C9E74424.png
    B8021B56-57DF-4F9A-B435-DB35C9E74424.png
    12.7 MB · Views: 50
  • 3130350E-393F-4C37-899E-57C41F78B30C.jpeg
    3130350E-393F-4C37-899E-57C41F78B30C.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 47

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back