An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Yup - best way to go about it IMO.
Acrylic is base and styrene is just the plating after some fun nibbling.
C900E4B4-EFAD-44B9-ACB1-F867682DB4C0.jpeg
6113030A-09C2-4097-8947-0ADFE14602A9.jpeg

Acrylic is a pain in the tookus, IMHO. But that is the Studio Model way. If you have a laser cutter it's a piece of cake. Any other way and I'd have to join hair club for Men , ; )
If it's on a CNC router, try to limit the rpm and keep the feed up. You want nice small chips coming off the cutter.

Fine snowflakes usually means the RPM is too fast. And will soon weld itself to the router bit.

RPM too slow and your about to break something. Either the cutter, or the acrylic, or both.

That said it's better to start with slower rpm and medium feed than high rpm and a molten mess around the cutter.

If it's a manual router, may the force be with you!

Last edited:
Nice efforts so far!

This one is near-and-dear, a grail kit of mine for a long time. I or surely the other builders would be happy to share, but it's rare. Once it's "out there" it will take you years and probably too much money to get one. That's the way it always goes...

Craig
Just noticed on the pics you provided there seem to be few that are mislabeled. Just a heads up.

Anyone have any good shots of the starboard pit with the moon lander in it? Maybe multiple angles to get a 360 view?

Thanks,
John

Which few??.
Keep in mind I'm only going off of the studioscalemodelers.com scans...
1653079152124.png
Not the Tyrell F-1 kit but the McLaren
1653079253828.png
The part on the end IS from the M577, but I don't think the longer piece is, The bumps on the ends don't match. (Nevermind. I see it now. Didn't zoom in enough)

1653079005313.png

Last edited:
Its been a while, but that other part is in vintage kits of the Tyrrell Ford F1 & i think the Mclaren also. Its the screwdriver tool halves, one half for each side.
Yeah I haven't seen the F1 Tyrell listed anywhere else in the immediate area, so I'm going with the McLaren. :)

Nice efforts so far!

This one is near-and-dear, a grail kit of mine for a long time. I or surely the other builders would be happy to share, but it's rare. Once it's "out there" it will take you years and probably too much money to get one. That's the way it always goes...

Craig
Thanks very much for that map Craig! Helps answer a few questions I had on the top Jaw Box.

And especially to those who ID'ed everything there over the years. That would have taken quite a while to piece together.

Cheers!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back