An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Can we talk pipes?

So I have a chance before the end of the school year to have the metal shop kids weld the cross section/mounting pipes. Is 2.25 diameter "x 46 the go to for the cross pipe? My goal is to follow others and mount it to an engine stand while I work on it and then mount it from the bottom when it's finished. What would you recommend for the vertical mounting dimensions?

Thanks!
John

I think I finally found it. This one had me stumped.

Attachments

• F863D334-97A8-4242-85BB-BF84EA2A151B.jpeg
    F863D334-97A8-4242-85BB-BF84EA2A151B.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 83
This is the net section I'd like to tackle. Anyone have a shot similar to this of the actual prop? (This is the Bandai PG) I can't seem to find one that has the whole thing in one shot. Thanks,
John
1652837619355.png

Nice efforts so far!

And 1/35 is too big. Thinking 1/48th.

This one is near-and-dear, a grail kit of mine for a long time. I or surely the other builders would be happy to share, but it's rare. Once it's "out there" it will take you years and probably too much money to get one. That's the way it always goes...

Craig

Attachments

• Jaw_top_1.jpg
    Jaw_top_1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 170
  • Jaw_top_2.jpg
    Jaw_top_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
Yeah, me too. Not spilling those beans here. But if you want to buy one, think in the 'Beyond the Sealab' price point range -- took me six years to find one.
That puts things into perspective. It's great to share all this info but it obviously comes at the expense of donor kits becoming rarer.

More than a Sealab, Yikes!

I'm getting ready to start building the mandibles. What thickness styrene would you recommend for the construction of their shape? I'm thinking 3mm, but is that too thick? Not thick enough? I want to make sure there is enough support for them to hold their shape.

Thanks,
John

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back