An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

The Nichimo Tiger I is the closest I've found so far to the part that goes on the turrett. It looks like it has too many bumbs though.
1652290889963.png

If anyone would happen to have a nice hi res shot of the bottom of the starboard mandible they'd like to donate for a map, I sure would appreciate it. This is the best I can come up with, but I'd like to have one we could zoom in on.
1652362054414.png

If anyone would happen to have a nice hi res shot of the bottom of the starboard mandible they'd like to donate for a map, I sure would appreciate it. This is the best I can come up with, but I'd like to have one we could zoom in on.
View attachment 1574715
Hi.
I have these photos that I collected for reference.
Hope any of them are of use.

Attachments

• Bottom Front -1.jpg
    Bottom Front -1.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 91
  • Bottom Front -6.jpg
    Bottom Front -6.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 89
  • FalconBottom9comp.jpg
    FalconBottom9comp.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 90
Nice work “Detective“ jcoffman99. The learned forensic pathologists are certainly out there. Very mysterious the Falcon case is.

Learned something about this sneaky little guy today. Almost all of the Tamiya cars have this part. However...only one is right. :) The "Elf" Tyrrell Ford F-1 (003) 1971 Tamiya | No. 12009 | 1:12 is the only one that doesn't have a hole in the end. Here it is next to the McLaren part.

ELF
1652465017693.png
1652465075131.png
McLaren

1652464917330.png

Learned something about this sneaky little guy today. Almost all of the Tamiya cars have this part. However...only one is right. :) The "Elf" Tyrrell Ford F-1 (003) 1971 Tamiya | No. 12009 | 1:12 is the only one that doesn't have a hole in the end. Here it is next to the McLaren part.

ELF
View attachment 1575092 View attachment 1575093McLaren

View attachment 1575086
The C-sprue or engine sprue from the Tamiya 1/12 F1 cars was altered sometime i believe in the late 70's. There are notable differences in some parts from between the vintage & newer issues. ILM of course used the vintage F1 kits which were plentiful at the time, the Texaco McLaren & Tyrrell Ford F1 being the dominant two kits used. So to the purist only the orignal issue is sought after & used & we know how much these kits go for now...ouch!.
I lucked out years ago on Ebay with a seller having like 5 vintage C-sprues for sale for something ridiculously cheap & haven't needed to buy too many complete kits for my build.
But, annoyingly enough, not all of the so called vintage F1 kits have the original C-sprue. I & a few others have found this out, it can be a hit & miss kind of deal. What i do is ask the sellers to provide clear pics of the C-sprue to determine if true vintage or not. The part you found is a good 'tell' of which is which.
The altered C-sprue is not as sharp in molding either, a little soft, especially when compared to the vintage. The newer issues with the photoetch are even softer in molding.

The C-sprue or engine sprue from the Tamiya 1/12 F1 cars was altered sometime i believe in the late 70's. There are notable differences in some parts from between the vintage & newer issues. ILM of course used the vintage F1 kits which were plentiful at the time, the Texaco McLaren & Tyrrell Ford F1 being the dominant two kits used. So to the purist only the orignal issue is sought after & used & we know how much these kits go for now...ouch!.
I lucked out years ago on Ebay with a seller having like 5 vintage C-sprues for sale for something ridiculously cheap & haven't needed to buy too many complete kits for my build.
But, annoyingly enough, not all of the so called vintage F1 kits have the original C-sprue. I & a few others have found this out, it can be a hit & miss kind of deal. What i do is ask the sellers to provide clear pics of the C-sprue to determine if true vintage or not. The part you found is a good 'tell' of which is which.
The altered C-sprue is not as sharp in molding either, a little soft, especially when compared to the vintage. The newer issues with the photoetch are even softer in molding.
That’s cool. Thanks for sharing.

No its one part. Here's a pic of my build.
I see it now. There is a piece like it without the center. When I looked on studioscalemodelers I didn’t check the next image because I thought it was the back of the same sprue. Turns out it was a different one with the correct piece. Lesson learned. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back