An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

I thought they were different on the port and starboard mandible. Just trying to figure out if I just wasted some cash. :).

Are we sure about the California Hauler? I've looked at every version tonight and I'm just not seeing it. It's the tip of the the port mandible sidewall on both the top and bottom right?
Both the California Hauler & White Road boss chassis rails were used to finish off the 'tips'.
What version Hauler do you have?. If you are not seeing the part needed or looks different, then i suspect you have a new/newer version & some of the moulding was altered.

Both the California Hauler & White Road boss chassis rails were used to finish off the 'tips'.
What version Hauler do you have?. If you are not seeing the part needed or looks different, then i suspect you have a new/newer version & some of the moulding was altered.
I think I got it figured out thanks to Sean’s awesome pics.

At the very least, you'll need the California Hauler for one of the lower un-ID'ed sections on MF027:
1642605161858.png

The L/R railings, in blue on the picture, are actually a composite of two other pieces. The chassis rails are from the Kenworth W-925, and are what's “leftover” after making the cut for the upper mandible railings. On TOP of this chassis rail, at the end (by the Mauretania funnels), sits chrome part #547 from the California Hauler:

1642605369838.png

At the very least, you'll need the California Hauler for one of the lower un-ID'ed sections on MF027:
View attachment 1535743
The L/R railings, in blue on the picture, are actually a composite of two other pieces. The chassis rails are from the Kenworth W-925, and are what's “leftover” after making the cut for the upper mandible railings. On TOP of this chassis rail, at the end (by the Mauretania funnels), sits chrome part #547 from the California Hauler:

View attachment 1535744
Thank you so much.

Well after 142 hours I have a new piece. Problem is that it cracked where I changed filament. Hopefully will filler and sanding I can save it.

Attachments

• 49B64EB9-D00D-4D7E-B92E-F51327C8035F.jpeg
    49B64EB9-D00D-4D7E-B92E-F51327C8035F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
There is also an issue with the length of the mandibles. I don’t know if the ends get cut off or not, but as of now the ends overlap the tube. This could be a bad day.

Attachments

• 373DD608-5B7B-44EC-B632-4F9FAAFB1D40.jpeg
    373DD608-5B7B-44EC-B632-4F9FAAFB1D40.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 130
I know I saw a part map for the quad gun somewhere, but I probably saved it to an old hard drive . I know it has some car exhaust tips for the end of the gun barrels. Don't remember from what car model. I know the barrels themselves were probably turned. There are other parts at the back of the barrels as well. If anyone has that map or knows where it is, please share ; ) Appreciate it,

Joe

I know I saw a part map for the quad gun somewhere, but I probably saved it to an old hard drive . I know it has some car exhaust tips for the end of the gun barrels. Don't remember from what car model. I know the barrels themselves were probably turned. There are other parts at the back of the barrels as well. If anyone has that map or knows where it is, please share ; ) Appreciate it,

Joe
Aren't the exhaust tips coming from a motor bike?:unsure:

Aren't the exhaust tips coming from a motor bike ?
Could be. I know I saw a map, but it could have been many years ago. And things disappear from the web. I normally save good stuff I see, but where it is is anybody's guess. Maybe Stu or Sean can tell us what they used. That's if they didn't scratch build them. They're good those two, ; ) The map I saw had all the parts mapped, except the panels that were made from styrene sheet. Oh a another mystery to be solved. Cheers,

Joe

Is the Duster gun that's on the inner port mandible, also supposed to be on the starboard? I've heard it both ways.

Thanks,
John

Joe
I never found the tips. I've looked through a LOT of cars. They would be from a very off-the-radar kit, unfortunately.

Craig

Attachments

• Turret_top_1.jpg
    Turret_top_1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 272
I never found the tips. I've looked through a LOT of cars. They would be from a very off-the-radar kit, unfortunately.

Craig
Nice ! Thanks man. I don't remember if the map I saw had the I.d. for the exhaust. There may have been a question mark there. I remember a thread talking about it but it's been so long my poor old mind can't retrieve that file. I'm afraid if I try to remember to much, I might have a blue screen of death, LOL. Anyway thanks again, there's no such thing as too much info on the old girl. The ship of mystery is slowly giving up her secrets, cheers,

Joe

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back