An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Am I missing any Ladder Chief parts?

Attachments

• 276C2E16-7D63-4059-9E93-98C22A0D4883.jpeg
    276C2E16-7D63-4059-9E93-98C22A0D4883.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 125
140 hours later. I have a mid piece.

Attachments

• 2AA1F145-F5A7-467D-8AFC-2DFCB43C5E42.jpeg
    2AA1F145-F5A7-467D-8AFC-2DFCB43C5E42.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
  • AD8B7B4C-0B3C-40A4-B56E-74273E56011D.jpeg
    AD8B7B4C-0B3C-40A4-B56E-74273E56011D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
Some quick pictures... sorry for the hard shadows.
I see some things missing on the sprue. From the top of my head it's the parts (the long thingies) on the edge of the mandibles where the dome meets. I think I bagged it allready somewhere for the mandibles... but that parts are ok with a newer kit.
I have Tamiya 35161 - you have to check for yourself of for the rest at the moment. I did a quick check on the part on the first photo... that supposed to be on the edge of the mandible (underside) But can't confirm at the moment.
Hope this helps.

IMG_5698.jpg
IMG_5699.jpg
IMG_5702.jpg
IMG_5703.jpg

Some quick pictures... sorry for the hard shadows.
I see some things missing on the sprue. From the top of my head it's the parts (the long thingies) on the edge of the mandibles where the dome meets. I think I bagged it allready somewhere for the mandibles... but that parts are ok with a newer kit.
I have Tamiya 35161 - you have to check for yourself of for the rest at the moment. I did a quick check on the part on the first photo... that supposed to be on the edge of the mandible (underside) But can't confirm at the moment.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 1534162View attachment 1534163View attachment 1534164View attachment 1534165
Thank you!

I noticed on your kit list under Nichimo, you have Jagdtiger and Hunting Tiger listed. That's the same vehicle. Hunting Tiger is just the English translation of Jagdtiger.

Is this the right Fruehauf trailer? I missed it somehow on my AMT list. RIght now I'm concentrating on the AMT kits. Am I missing any from my AMT list? Please let me know. (I understand if you don't want to reveal the actual kit. I'm just looking for a yes or no.) As always, thanks...you guys are the best.

Fruehauf Tanker Semi Trailer​

"Union 76" & "Gulf"​

AMT | No. T-531 | 1:25​

670562-16236-43-pristine.jpg

Last edited:
Hey chaps. A word of warning regarding the recent & ongoing reissues of the AMT & Ertl 1/25 trucks.
I bought the Peterbilt Wrecker for another project & the Ladder Chief just to see what the parts were like inside & it seems to be a mixed bag!.
The Ladder Chief looks good, parts look good for the most part, all Falcon donor parts there & unaltered as far as i can tell.
But the Wrecker parts seem to be altered or very soft on detail, not crisp like the original issues & decal sheet different too. Sometimes you also need the decals from these kits.
So i am very dubious now of these new reissues, not being straight reissues of their vintage predecessors!.
Another reminder to stick to my rule of only buy vintage issue kits, costly i know, but peace of mind knowing you will have crisp & original donor parts!.
Oh also...the newer Airfix repops of their older issues are very poor too, such as the 0/400, parts details very soft & need much cleaning up!.

Vintage...this is the way!

So the parts maps seem to contradict themselves when it comes to the rails on the top and bottom of the inner mandibles. One pic says the K-123 and another says W-925.

I just got my K-123 and it looks like the right part to me. It seems they cut the back to a taper and cut the end off where it would not sit flat.

Am I crazy? Are those the only parts used from the K-123? I don't see anything else listed on the parts maps.

Thanks,
John

Don't know if you guys saw this, but Adam Savage released a video today on making starship panels. Lots of good tips for those of us Falconing.

Are we sure about the California Hauler? I've looked at every version tonight and I'm just not seeing it. It's the tip of the the port mandible sidewall on both the top and bottom right?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back