An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

this is such a cool project, i salute your efforts sir! I was looking through all the kits needed and prices, i was wondering if you considered resin printing some of those instead? im learning fusion360 right now i may take a shot at modeling some of those aurora sealab parts to see how they look. of course it would be far easier if i had the kit already for reference. I know the Gamebody website sells 3d files for the falcon also it might have a few of the harder to find things modeled accurately. Im using the mono x 4k resin printer and the details it prints are impressive

I have most of the greeblies in stl form, but I'm going to try getting the kits and making molds and copies of the parts. Now that may complete change once I get into the meat of it. lol

wow that is amazing , i def want to buy those. for some reason i got my etsy account banned which is weird because i never used it : ( waiting on their support to answer me

I was looking at the maps and I believe that #4 in map MF 012 1.4 should be from the Tamiya M23 McClaren as in pic below.
I looked at the Kit scan for the Honda F1 and it looked completely different.

Attachments

• M23 McClaren.jpg
    M23 McClaren.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I was looking at this Kit scan for the Honda F1

but that's good if their the same. Didn't want to buy another 200 dollar kit, ; )

Attachments

• Honda F1.jpg
    Honda F1.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 85
Part #4 is actually
I was looking at this Kit scan for the Honda F1

but that's good if their the same. Didn't want to buy another 200 dollar kit, ; )
I'm not quite sure the discussion here.
The #4 part in that MF012 1.4 parts map is Tyrrell Ford F1, not McLaren M23.
You still need a Honda F1 also though for the Falcon.

Hey it happens...its called styrene blindness, all kit parts start looking like the next, i know as I've had my moments too haha.

Yeah I was looking at #6 instead of 4. Getting old and definitely have "styrene" blindness. My other problem is I'm very cheap, and I see dollar signs when I see another kit I need. Already bought 1000s of dollars worth of kits for a Studio scale Galactica. Luckily there's a lot of overlap between kit lists. One day we'll have to get all the 5 footers together, like someone mentioned. As slow as I am, I just want to get something done before I croak, LOL. Cheers,

Joe

I've started a rather ambitious goal of adding kit numbers to the parts maps. I'm also contemplating renumbering the maps so that each kit has the same number throughout all the images.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back