An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

jcoffman99,
You have my deepest respect for embarking on your Studio Scale Falcon project. I have been whittling away like “Father Geppetto“ on my wooden armature for a relatively short while given the veterans that display their skill on this web site. Keep up the good work on kit part research dialog with these guys. So much to learn from them. The greeblies do point way to a respectable build.

First off all, Happy New year!
Can you compare the chassis part for me john? I got also 2 newer ones, the blue chevys. (a very long time ago, but I looked past the mandable side wall part I guess) I have to get one older version for this anyway. But then i know if I need to get 2.
Thanks

Last edited:
From what I can tell, these are the pieces you need from the 57 Chevy. The "Rear Cover" and "Blower" housing are not in every kit. And used on the Mandible outside surfaces.

Falcon 57 Chevy Parts.jpg

The chassis used on the inner mandible walls should be hopefully in most if not all kits? not sure though...
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 12.52.13 pm.png

But as Eagle1 rightly suggested, vintage is typically the best way to avoid disappointment.

And as always there could be more parts but if so, I haven't found them yet :)

Happy New Year also!

Can you compare the chassis part for me john? I got also 2 newer ones, the blue chevys. (a very long time ago, but I looked past the mandable side wall part I guess) I have to get one older version for this anyway. But then i know if I need to get 2.
Thanks
When it gets here I’ll post a comparison shot for ya.

Sean,

I was always curious about the springs -- did you just find a spring and pop it in, or did you "count the coils" to get the exact one that ILM used? I was defaulting to the springs in the Tamiya 1/25 Centurion kit, but if you counted the coils and know the exact one, I'm sure we'd all love to know it -- and there are a lot of springs in Tamiya 1/12 F1 cars, for sure -- but then again, for all I know, Tamiya could have used the same spring in as many of their kits as they could get away with, but I haven't gotten down to this level.

Thanks
Look the same to me. So you can save a few bucks by buying one of the newer kits.

Attachments

• 1D0DCCA5-2EE8-4FD1-8120-AEC19350E849.jpeg
    1D0DCCA5-2EE8-4FD1-8120-AEC19350E849.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 139
  • 2563248F-8A7B-46A1-9FD9-682B25152FBB.jpeg
    2563248F-8A7B-46A1-9FD9-682B25152FBB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 147
Thanks, and I saw that the 'pepper shaker edition' got the correct engine part. From scans not in person yet, but i am ordering one. So One mystery solved I guess. XX to go :)

These are the only Saturn V pieces that go on the Falcon right? I’m going to make a mold and I want to try and keep all the pieces together. Thanks!

Attachments

• 70B9FACE-5D40-4D0A-ABAE-E563CAA886C3.jpeg
    70B9FACE-5D40-4D0A-ABAE-E563CAA886C3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 138
I've spent the evening going through various Star Wars model part maps. Is the M41 Bulldog used for any other models? I can't seem to find any. Aside from the two pieces on the nose of the Falcon, I don't see any other uses. Thanks,

John

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back