An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

As I get the kits, and identify pieces, I'll be posting comments on the kit scans in my album with the pieces needed from each sprue.

Does anyone have a high res shot of this? I'd like to do a life-sized printout to hang on the wall? Thanks,
anh-bottom.jpg

I cannot believe you are printing a five foot falcon. You are one Crazy mother ! Must be a monster of a printer. My Ender 3 would throw a bearing if I even thought about that. LOL. Looks really good. Cheers,

Joe

Added a few more kit scans to the first post.

Can anyone confirm part 22 in this pic as belonging to the 57 Bel Air? I'm not seeing it and wonder if I need to get an older version of the kit.

Thanks,
John

MF026_STB_mandible_merged.jpg

I picked up the 2005 release with both engines which is the version you need.
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 8.43.34 am.png

You need two chassis anyway if your are using styrene parts, and I think they are identical in all releases so it's not a total miss.

One thing I learned on my Falcon building journey is to always strive to obtain the vintage or original issues of the donor kits!. There are many kits that have been reissued over the years, but more than likely have been remolded or altered. By buying the vintage or original issues you know you have the exact same kit ILM used, with no surprise of missing parts, altered parts or a completely re-tooled kit!.

I should know...been there...done that!. Quite a few times i have been caught out thinking a newer issue would suffice...nope!.

Tamiya is a good example of a manufacturer altering molds over the years. The box art might look the same, but the contents not so much!.

Just be aware...check sprue scans...ask around...just don't jump on a kit like say the Tamiya 1/35 Tiger 1 newer issue & expect to find the same parts as ILM used back in 1976!.

Stu

I can't help but think of 3D printing your Falcon as "cheating" -- forgive me, I'm old school. But I will admit: damn if your build isn't going faster than mine!

Happy New Year to all, no matter your build strategy!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back