An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

I actually have all the 3D files from Geek1138. He has them on Etsy. I have printed some, but something is pulling me to the scratch build. :)

Hi John,
I look forward to seeing how you choose to tackle this. It's a mother of a build no matter how you slice it.

Whilst Geek1138 has done a fantastic job with his files, I can see the appeal and temptation to a kitbashed replica. Or partly kitbashed.

I wish you the very best with this endeavor!

Bjorn

ps. Welcome aboard Savidge, your project sounds great also, good luck!

IMG_1007.JPG

Thanks swgeek.

I have updated the whole kit list to include better pics and the model number for each kit. As always, if you see a mistake, please let me know.

One of the many kits I own for studio scale building that I would love to build as the model it's meant to be.

Curious regarding your mandible prints & the pit holes, is there an overhang or 'lip' formed that covers your pit detail plates?. Or is a styrene plate or similar material added top & bottom surfaces?.

They are just to glue everything to. I’m thinking about trying some Smooth On Featherweight resin to see if I can cast them to lighten the load.

Does the printed mandible structure come out at exactly 2" thick?

I only recently noticed that the armour plating only partially covers the pit holes, yet a lip is visible around the entire diameter.
Meaning that much of the overhang starts with the original acrylic used to form the mandibles themselves.

It doesn't appear to be very thick though. Perhaps 1/8" and certainly no more than 3/16". The picture below is of the upper P/S aft pit and it is only half covered with styrene armour plating.

I understand that you are limited to some degree with the files that you are using to create the model when 3D printing. Unless you make massive alterations along the way.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 8.48.38 am.png

My thickness is right at 2 inches. I’ll have to look at the pit more.

Here’s where I am so far.

Attachments

• B624A692-2686-4C06-9513-701195BA30A3.jpeg
    B624A692-2686-4C06-9513-701195BA30A3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back