My 3' Imperial Star Destroyer

John, Yeah...I think once the shape is done, the rest is the fun part I think. I built my structure without having many kits, so I've been buying as I go along..mainly 1/700 Hasegawa kits. You can see, I'm using a fair bit of artistic license with the model. It's ANH size, but it's got an element of the larger model in it.

Here's my last update for a while. I've difused the light in the docking bay area. Sorry for the crappy pic, but I had the lighting down and had to alter the levels to compensate.

**EDIT**
Fixed the docking bay orientation issue.

DSCF0447.jpg

Neil

HOLY.........My god man thats AWESOME!!!! I just found this thread and I have to say that I'm humbled by your work! I'm stunned to hear that my ISD was an inspiration to you...I'm honored....thanks so much for the mention. It's so cool to see someone else doing in of these suckers. I can't wait to see how your upper superstructure/bridge turns out. You da MAN!!!
icon_eek.gif

Robert
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

I don't know weather to drool first or put my eyes back in my head. That is one of the most beautiful models I have seen. Let me know when it's done so I can give you my shipping address
icon_wink.gif

MORE PICS!!

Thanks guys
icon_smile.gif

Jamie, you're definately right about toning down the detail. I'm going to sand back many of the small panels slightly so they are not so raised.

Thanks for the feedback
Neil

Neil,

Hey no problem
icon_wink.gif
BTW glad to hear you are ok!
Here are a couple of shots which may help you. I took 150 photographs of her in Chicago on Monday. Damn another project to add to the list...
icon_razz.gif

102_0637.jpg

102_0622.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Very impressive work!

I agree with Jamie about the prominence of the raised details. I hesitated to say anything for fear of threadcrapping. Glad to see constructive criticism is welcome.
icon_smile.gif

Jamie,
Your pics above are of the 3 footer from ANH yes? I ask because they look a lot differnet from the pics I took at MoM in Brooklyn a while back of the ESB SD... Just calrifying so we all know what we are looking at
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

Neil, that's BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see how the bridge piece turns out. Looks like you have a lot of kool detail along the sides, too. Keep it up!

Robert
icon_smile.gif

thanks Robert. I'm gonna finish the bridge area once I have completed the lighting inside. I think I'll find the angles on the bridge quite a challenge to be honest. I'm running out of kits to use to detail the flipping thing too
icon_smile.gif

Neil

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back