My 2nd suit WIP

jaded

Ok, this is going to be my second suit. I sold my first one to Lupdeumbra in Septmeber of last year and I now know the feeling of regret....But, it is a new year and with my expierence from my 1st suit, I think I will do a better job on this one and be happier with it :p

I have been serching and planning the "look" of my pred for about a month now and I think I am going with something similiar to the Axertor model you can find on Predatorstuff.com. I am going for this basic look and am going to try and keep it as similar to the model as I can (it won't be exact), but I am going to add a backpack, cannon, wristblades and hopefully a computer gauntlet while keeping the same basic design as the gauntlets the model has. I am not sure on the exact color pattern for the skin, but I am leaning towards something close to that of the main Dead-End pred. I am not sure on the axe right now, I may make it after the suit itself is complete.

I have already made my duct-tape dummy, started on my cannon, and have a half-mask on the way from Newpredamaker. I am ordering my body suit and liquid latex tomorrow so I can start the skin here soon. I have attached the pic of the Axertor pred and also one of my cannon so far. Any ideas, thoughts, or comments are always welcome!

Axertor pred

Last edited by a moderator:
Update!!! LOL...Anyway, I have started the muscle build up of my pred. I am pretty much using Macguyver's Mr. Incredible latex suit method, but I decided to use The Flash instead. I chose to use The Flash because it has no muscles at all, so I can add my own custom muscles. I am using foam sheets (from any store like Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby) and cutting them to my liking. I attached them with Beacon brand Fabri-Tact adhesive...which works really well, plus it's permanent. I am happy with the way the abs and chest are turning out and am probably going to venture into the upper arms and upper legs.

I also have a pic of my elder half-mask from Joe. I think I have a huge noggin because this thing is snug and fits perfect without any padding :p

Some small update pics. I was going to wait till Sunday night when I have a little more done, but I am bored and thought I would share o_O

On my last suit I made the diamater of my dummy about 2 1/2" bigger, well this time I made it only an 1 1/2" bigger and also pulled the spandex tight, overlapped it, then glued it (also did the same thing to my legs and arms). Reason for that is with my last suit, the skin was a little "bulky" or "baggy" and I wanted to try and create a better fit while losing some of the bulk. It is really easy actually and I used the Beacon brand Fabri-Tact glue again. Hopefully it works out to my liking.

And here is a pic of my belt. I bought two WWE belts from Wal-Mart and drilled out the plates, trim and hot glued (with the help of some foamies) until I got the basic design. I still have to fill in the indentations where the plates were mounted, but no biggie.

I didn't get as much done this weekend as I had hoped, plus I dropped my damn phone (also my camera) in the toilet.....-DO NOT ASK- o_O But here is a picture of the finished muscles of my bodysuit. I went against adding leg and arm muscles to help keep down the bulkiness. I have started my Wolf style med-pack, but no camera-no pics... Just finding things to do with what I already have until this weekend when I start the latexing. Anyway, here is the pic:

Thoughts?

muscles lookin good man!

so...

phone in the toilet.... howd ya pull that one off??

I was cleaning the bathroom sink and had my phone sitting on top of the toilet on a magazine, well I forgot it was there and grabbed the magazine and t.p. off the top of the toilet and BLAM!! phone in the toilet and ruined...it's ok though, I got insurance and have my old razor phone. My replacement will be here in a couple days. lol....I put my hand in the toilet.....(clean water!!!)

Ok, last night I was able to cover the muscles with a piece of fabric and succesfully bond the two with latex, I pretty much got the look I wanted. I didn't want to be too overly cut, but you can defintaley see some definition in there. The muscles have 2 layers of latex and the top side of the skin has only 1 right now.

The backside has two layers of latex and I have also used "fiber-fill" (from Wal-Mart) stirred into my latex mixture to create the backside texture. After they dry and bond to the skin, the following layers of latex will coat and smooth them out to make it look more bumpy like a pred's should, as opposed to what you see now. I am also tinting my latex, so it doesn't look as white as it is, it is actually a tan color called "camel" from Americana acrylics. The black strips are industrial strength velcro (also from Wal-Mart). In my last suit I felt like I was constantly adjusting my armor, so I have incorporated the velcro to the suit before hand to help ensure my armor will stay in postion and also help with my "less-maintenance" way-of-thinking for this year. Anyway, your thoughts, ideas, and comments are greatly appreciated

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back