MY 2ND ATTEMPT AT A 1:1 BUST *Lando*

billy1974

NEW PICS PAGE 2

This is my second attempt at a lifesize, bust. You guessed it (or at least I hope you did :confused ) It is notorious gamble, cardplayer, scoundrel, Lando Calrissian, as he appeared in ESB. It was made using Chavant clay, it will be molded and then cast in latex, and completed with glass eyes, hair (unsure what I am going to use, as of now), a better mustache (the one on him now is one of those cheapo "mexican villian" ones :D , and blue shirt with black leather collar (I have to add a little "shoulder" to him), and maybe even a cape collar. I still need to do some tweaking, and add skin texture and wrinkles to him, to really bring him to life. Let me know what you guys think, good or bad. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks, Bill

lando1.jpg

lando2.jpg

lando3.jpg

lando4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Hadleys Hope@Mar 29 2006, 12:33 AM
Looks nice, are you going to add ears?

Paul
[snapback]1215188[/snapback]​

HAHAHA, got me Paul :lol . I forgot to mention, I need to give him some ears. Bill

Originally posted by billy1974+Mar 28 2006, 07:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(billy1974 @ Mar 28 2006, 07:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Hadleys Hope
@Mar 29 2006, 12:33 AM
Looks nice, are you going to add ears?

Paul
[snapback]1215188[/snapback]​

HAHAHA, got me Paul :lol . I forgot to mention, I need to give him some ears. Bill
[snapback]1215190[/snapback]​
[/b]

:lol

Cant wait to see them.

Paul

Gettin' there man.

I think that building up the head and neck (and even just roughing out the ears) will help you figure out the overall shape and tweak the proportions.

I shot you an email back with some specific suggestions for improvements.

Important thing is that you keep going and improving.

Tom

Very cool. Can't believe that is your second sculpt. Thanks for sharing.

As above would be easier to judge proportions with ears and maybe a wig.

Joe

I´m always thrilled to see what great sculpts people are able to come up with.
Congrats on your second.... :)

While I like the overall appearance, I can´t really make out the likeness of Billy D.
Don´t get me wrong, please....but something is "off".

Anyway...great workmanship :thumbsup

Markus

Great job. I would listen to whatever input Tom gives you, he will not steer you wrong :) I would give some advise myself but since I have never sculpted a human likeness before I will just sit back and enjoy the pics :)

HELLO...is it me your looking for....

Sorry, this bust just reminded me of that Lionel Ritchie video back in the day...I'm showing my age now :$

It's definitely got the makings of a good Lando.

Steve :thumbsup

Made some major progress, thanks for the help Tom :thumbsup . Ears are just roughed out now, want to make sure the placement is right before I dig them in. Also gotta add some "meat" to the bottom back of head. Thanks for the input guys. Looking less like Lionel Ritche, and more like Billy Dee now :D . Let me know what you think guys, good and bad. On a scale of 1 Colt 45 to 10 Colt 45s, what would you guys give him, as of now. I still have alotta work to do, just want to know if I am headed in the right direction. Thanks, Bill

lando01.jpg

lando02.jpg

lando03.jpg

lando04.jpg

lando05.jpg

Fixed the eyes, I think I am in the home stretch now. Still needs work, but I don't think any major changes. Give me some input guys, especially if something looks "off" to you. I am posting pics because I want opinions/recommendations, not because I want to "show off". So if you think it looks "wrong" in certain areas, let me know, and I will try to fix it :thumbsup . The ears are not done, just roughed out, so please don't comment on them :lol . Bill

lando06.jpg

lando07.jpg

lando08.jpg

Nice job, looks good so far. There is one thing that seems to take away from the overall sculpt and that's the positioning of the upper set of teeth. From the pics, where you have them now it seems to be where the lower set of teeth should be. I think if that could be adjusted, your sculpt will be right on the money. Looking forward to seeing the final sculpt.

Originally posted by Sith Prop Lord@Mar 31 2006, 03:05 PM
Nice job, looks good so far. There is one thing that seems to take away from the overall sculpt and that's the positioning of the upper set of teeth. From the pics, where you have them now it seems to be where the lower set of teeth should be. I think if that could be adjusted, your sculpt will be right on the money. Looking forward to seeing the final sculpt.
[snapback]1216819[/snapback]​

You are sooooo right Sith Prop Lord, I just raised the mouth, and then the chin area using photoshop and it looks much better. I wish it was this easy to adjust the actual sculpt :cry . Seriously though, it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Sometimes, you stare at a sculpt so long, you just get used to it being that way, and a fresh set of eyes really helps. Thanks for the input Sith Prop Lord :thumbsup . More pics coming soon. Bill

Originally posted by billy1974@Mar 31 2006, 10:30 AM
This may help a little  :lol . Bill

lando10.jpg

[snapback]1216810[/snapback]​

Hmm. For some reason this makes it look more like Richard Prior than Billy Dee to me.

Originally posted by OdiWan72@Mar 29 2006, 03:16 AM
I´m always thrilled to see what great sculpts people are able to come up with.
Congrats on your second.... :)

While I like the overall appearance, I can´t really make out the likeness of Billy D.
Don´t get me wrong, please....but something is "off".

Anyway...great workmanship :thumbsup

Markus
[snapback]1215358[/snapback]​

I'm with Markus on this one. Not to insult your work at all but I can;t see Billy Dee's likeness either. Theres just something missing.

Great craftsmanship though. I'm sure you will be able to get past anything that may not seem right. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back