My 1st Terminator 2 silicone Arnie head/bust

Garth

So i started a little project in my spare time, something i had never done before but it started as a project to make a mask for last halloween and thought i would make use of the mold and materials and have a go at a display version.
This bust is made up of silicone , chrome painted resin , a red LED eye with tinted lens (which runs off 2 AA batteries ) The hairline has been hand-punched, And an acrylic eye. The bust is mounted on a base-plate and i had a computer engraved plaque made.

Anyway here are some pics:
IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lot cooler than MOST T2 sculpts I've seen. You have potential. Keep it up! Just have to get the likeness more. Some of the best statues are simply silicone castings of Winston molds. Using your silicone, hair, color techniques you could do some nice work on a Winston casting.

Cool! Did you do the sculpt of Arnie?
It's not 100% there when it comes to likeness, but I'm sure you know that.
I think it kinda looks like he's pouting.
Nonetheless, great job! Keep it up and keep on creating things like this! It rocks!

I started with a plaster face cast frm eBay which I cleaned up, and sharpened some details and built up a few areas and sculpted the ears and rest of the head/neck. The pictures are taken with my phone which doesn't help much either, I'll put some more pictures on when I get back on the laptop, I think the lighting also has a pretty big effect on the look too. I plan to make a few more so hopefully they improve as I go.
Thanks for the feedback I'm open to any advice as I would like to try and sell a couple off and recuperate some of the $ I have spent on them :)

Last edited:
I started with a plaster face cast frm eBay which I cleaned up, and sharpened some details and built up a few areas and sculpted the ears and rest of the head/neck. The pictures are taken with my phone which doesn't help much either, I'll put some more pictures on when I get back on the laptop, I think the lighting also has a pretty big effect on the look too. I plan to make a few more so hopefully they improve as I go.
Thanks for the feedback I'm open to any advice as I would like to try and sell a couple off and recuperate some of the $ I have spent on them :)

I know the sculpt you brought and the likeness is off if im honest. The work you have done with this tho is awesome!
Infact I would go as far as to say the sculpt is actually letting your work down!
Really impressive job with what you have.
You should definitely buy another cast later on with better likeness and do the same again. There are some really good raw casts on ebay right now whch look very good!

Look forward to seeing more :)

thanks heaps! i did modify it a bit to try and improve the likeness but i agree with it being a bit off, i will jump on and have a look what is available, hopefully they can be shipped to Australia :)

Here are a couple of progress pics etc:
IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Thanks I will see what I can do for a new endo too but I will have to try and sell a couple of these on eBay to get funds for some new materials and make new moulds

i had a bit of a squish around of the face, and got a couple more pictures:
can any1 give me a ballpark figure of what you think i could sell it for?

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

This is better than some of the busts on eBay! :)

As for price: take a look at what the "competition" is selling 'em for, determine how much you need to make on the sale, and price accordingly.

If you can tweak the endo, all the better.

Hey, test the waters: post an Interest thread in the JY. To be honest, if I was in the market for a silicone T2 and the price was right, I'd buy one. No, it's not screen-accurate - but it's got some really good gore going for it! :)

It was a similar 1 just raw but I mounted it on a torso and improved the sculpt a bit and built the rest of the head.
$100 -$150 wouldn't even cover the cost of the raw materials used in making 1, if I include primers and paints and pigments I would have to ask at least $300 to make it slightly viable.
After looking at some of the other stuff on eBay I think $300-$400 sounds pretty reasonable?

My bad, I just threw a number out there after looking at some busts, not taking into consideration that the material for this is more expensive. Not to mention, you want something for all of your effort! I hope you didn't take it as an insult, because that was not my intention at all!

You could always put one out there to see if it sparks an interest! :)

Sorry mate didn't mean it to come across that way :) all good and thanks for throwing out a figure, I don't think I realised how much $ went into 1 either until I started adding it up. The wig, hair and silicone is a big part of the costs. I realise I can't add much $ on for the amount of time involved untill I get something a bit more accurate which I have started looking into options.

Always wanted to do one if these. Saw a silicone Arnie head at Birmingham this year with the UKCM.

Nearly bought it! lol

Keep up the good work!
=]

ok i have taken some advice and have made a 2nd silicone arnie with a new mold,
I will start a new thread but here is peek :)
IMG_0310-Copy.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back